New Cygnus Update?

Hey Folks:

It is recommended that I reset and reload the new Fractal Audio Cygnus Presets? Then reload whatever presets I want to add? I am seeing info that the new presets are a significant improvement. I am just not sure what the best steps are.

I have to say, as a fairly new user to the Fractal world (less than 2 years) that uploading new presets to the AXE and adding some old ones back in, if you want them is so easy to do on this unit. I guess what I am saying is it is super user-friendly. Between Fractal Bot and AXE Edit, it is hard to eff things up, Just remember to back everything up before you make changes. After loading all the new factory presets, I also reloaded some of my favorite AB and Berg and Leon presets, and I am good to go now. Many thanks to Cliff and his team for a truly wonderful product. So glad I have my AXE, my FC-12 and my EV-1.

What I did:

• Ensure you're updated to FW16.02
  • There's 384 total presets
  • I moved all of my saved presets to banks 385+ so nothing got overwritten
  • Performed a backup in FractalBot for safety reasons
  • Download the new Cygnus presets
  • Import them through FractalBot
  • Boom, you're all done
  • Spend the next 4 hours flipping through all the glorious new sounds

• Spend the next 4 hours flipping through all the glorious new sounds
I spent more than that just poking through Bank A and digging the various amp models' sounds. Found quite a few amps I liked that were not already in my amp blocks library. Still need to sift through Bank B and Bank C....

Back
Top Bottom