New Crybaby MINI - Expression pedals should be this size

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Fractal went the opposite direction and made the EV1 huge, considerably bigger than a normal Crybaby. I think they should make a mini one for those of us that like to keep pedalboard size as compact as possible.

Have a look at this video with a bunch of funny objects 'for scale'

Wow, I wish I could find good quality expression pedals in that format...

Maybe I'm in the minority, but those 10-lbs / 12-inch pedals (like Mission's and Fractal's) just won't ever fit in my compact rig... too bad, I'm sure I'd enjoy their quality.

My Shoes size is 13 (47 Eu size) ...;) You imagine the rest...

The problem with imagination is it leads to the assumption it won't work. But, for real, I bet if you got your big shoe on one of these you'd find it works, feels and controls just fine.

Call me old fashioned, but I like the nice big pedal (original Cry-Baby size) under my foot. I like to lean on it sometimes as it feels a part of my guitar. A small pedal like that would be like playing a miniature guitar for me.

Although I can definitely see the benefit of saving on pedalboard space. :encouragement:

Wow, I wish I could find good quality expression pedals in that format...

Maybe I'm in the minority, but those 10-lbs / 12-inch pedals (like Mission's and Fractal's) just won't ever fit in my compact rig... too bad, I'm sure I'd enjoy their quality.

You could probably buy one of those CryBaby Minis and modify it to be an expression pedal. :)

Call me old fashioned, but I like the nice big pedal (original Cry-Baby size) under my foot.

Yes, I think old fashioned-ness is part of this :). I think the original Crybaby came out way back when, and all other rocker pedals were made similar size ever since for no particular reason other than that's the size everyone expects them to be.

But think about it.. it's just a rocker pedal with a pivot-point roughly in the center. Assuming you're wearing shoes and not barefoot.. would it really feel much different under foot with a smaller pedal platform? Shoe and boot soles are pretty stiff, it's not like your foot will wrap around the thing.

I'm dying to try one to know how it feels for sure..

I have size 15US feet but prefer the smaller pedal format. I like my controller and pedals to be as small a footprint (pun partially intended) as I can get.

Why would you put the power input behind other inputs?
Power is almost always going to come from the front of the pedal. Why not put the power plug there?
Stupid design.
I am going to wait for the micro-mini pedal. That will be soooo much better..

They're trying to make it look just like the classic Crybaby.. only mini. Power jack in the same spot. But yes, I agree.. stupid design.

B8DqQ_ECYAEnrCV.jpg:large

Power is almost always going to come from the front of the pedal. Why not put the power plug there?
Stupid design.
I am going to wait for the micro-mini pedal. That will be soooo much better..

That does seem off. But in my experience, using right angle plugs and it actually is better.

I always end up with pedals on the edge of my boards. Cables coming out of the pedal front are actually worse. They eat room on the front edge of the board if you don't want the jacks to extend past the board edge.

Not intuitive, but side jacks take up less board space if you go right angle.

Back
Top Bottom