New Convolution Reverb IR Loader pedal

http://www.logidy.com/files/EPSi_Manual.pdf

interesting. If nothing else, I'd like to hear if there longer IR cabinet captures sound significantly different through this device. Certainly, you'll be able to capture more of the far-field and room reverb and have it cooked into the IR, as opposed to needing to engage a dedicated reverb for the room portion. Neat little reverb/effects IR loader. Can't wait to see what people think when they get their hands on one.

Hard to believe it'll sound that good at that price, but if it does, whoowee! I love the Convo-reverb in my DAW (Samplitude) though it is a CPU hog! Would be so cool to go out to a local ravine and shoot some IRs and then load 'em up. Or our local Widow Jane Mine cave, which has incredible verb!

This stuff is in its infancy but its great to see the tech moving along!

At this price point it seems like this would introduce latency and not be suitable for speaker IR's?

Also from the manual

"In the current version of the firmware, the first 128 samples of the impulse
response are ignored. If the impulse response includes a direct signal component
at the beginning, it will be ignored. This is an advantage for reverb sounds, but
needs to be worked around for direct convolution sounds like guitar speaker
simulation, something the EPSi was not specifically designed for."

That looks like a pretty cool pedal. I'd be tempted if it had MIDI I/O. A 1u rack version would be cool too.

Back
Top Bottom