New clip with Ibanez 8 string!

thinkpad20

Inspired
Just got my Ibanez RG2228. I love this guitar! It's very easy to play for being an 8 string, sounds very clear... I've got a BareKnuckle Cold Sweat in the bridge and it's just a killer pickup... Anyway, this starts out slow and groovy and then picks up a little bit towards the end. I'm probably going to expand it into a full song later, but it's already 3.5 minutes :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=7538766

The tone at 2:48 is with the BKP in split coil mode. :cool:

As usual, my desire to get clips out fast trumps my desire to correct mistakes, so please forgive/ignore them where they are...

Great stuff ThinkPad!!!

I ordered a BareKnuckle Cold Sweat about a month ago and it's supposed be arrive this week!!!! I'm excited!!!!

Only problem now is who's gonna help me install it?!?!?!?!?! :D

mortega76 said:
Great stuff ThinkPad!!!

I ordered a BareKnuckle Cold Sweat about a month ago and it's supposed be arrive this week!!!! I'm excited!!!!

Awesome! I've got a BKP MiracleMan 7 coming in a couple of days... only thing is the guitar I was going to put it in is currently disassembled, and the body is in the shop getting the paint stripped off of it! :lol:

They are really great pickups though, some of the best I've tried. Well scratch that, THE best. But then again this is the 8 string version; not sure about the others though I assume (and have heard) that they are generally about the best money can buy, or at least on par with anything else out there. I can't wait to get the MM (and put the guitar it's going into back together :? )

GuitarDojo said:
mortega76 said:
Chromed? :p
Hahahahahahaha I wish!!! As long as that sucker is taking, I'd take it bare bones!!! No wait, that didn't sound good.. :shock: :D

mortega76 said:
Great stuff ThinkPad!!!

How long did yours take to make and be shipped? I just ordered one too and have no idea how long it's gonna take to arrive and when I should start stripping down the guitar it's going in :)

DrMosh said:
mortega76 said:
Great stuff ThinkPad!!!

How long did yours take to make and be shipped? I just ordered one too and have no idea how long it's gonna take to arrive and when I should start stripping down the guitar it's going in :)
I ordered it on Mar. 12, 2009 and it's supposed to arrive today... I never realized ordering "custom" stuff took that long! Well, they are made overseas so... Problem is that I have a show this weekend and I would love to have the pickup installed... but every place I go to says 1-2 weeks! Shit! What's so hard about unsoldering two cables and resoldering the same two cables on the new pickup!?!?!? I don't want to do it cuz I tried to change out my passive set with EMG 81/85 and screwed it all up! Hahahahaha...

mortega76 said:
I ordered it on Mar. 12, 2009 and it's supposed to arrive today... I never realized ordering "custom" stuff took that long! Well, they are made overseas so... Problem is that I have a show this weekend and I would love to have the pickup installed... but every place I go to says 1-2 weeks! Shit! What's so hard about unsoldering two cables and resoldering the same two cables on the new pickup!?!?!? I don't want to do it cuz I tried to change out my passive set with EMG 81/85 and screwed it all up! Hahahahaha...

Thanks! Mine won't have to ship so far, so that's a bonus. As for installation, dunno why the hell they take so long over there, here they do it in a day if you're nice to them hehe

Installing a pickup is very simple. You were probably messed up before because you were going from actives to passives, which requires a new set of volume/tone pots to accommodate the different output.

Anyway you can probably walk into a guitar tech place and ask for same-day or next-day service; most places should be able to do it though they might charge you extra.

thinkpad20 said:
Installing a pickup is very simple. You were probably messed up before because you were going from actives to passives, which requires a new set of volume/tone pots to accommodate the different output.

Anyway you can probably walk into a guitar tech place and ask for same-day or next-day service; most places should be able to do it though they might charge you extra.
Well I got my pickup yesterday only to find out it's a seven string and not a six string g pickup... Now I have to wait again!!!! Arggggg!!!

Back
Top Bottom