New Clip...intro to Master of Puppets

That souned very good to me .. I think you gt very close to the original's vibe .. nice !

Mik.

gittarzann said:
Sounds good !

Wanna share the preset ?

Ya, I can upload it a bit later. One caveat; it has a custom IR from Clawfinger's impulse site, although I can't remember the name. I'll include that when I up the preset.

Mark

dpeterson said:
need to layer it about 20 more times ;) sounds good though.

hehe...ya, it's only 1 track per side. I usually quad track, i.e. 2 per side, but I think the patch has a bit too much gain, since quad tracking tended to make the guitars sound 'distant' for lack of a better term. I think that tone is going to be more of a live thing anyway.

Thanks to all who listened/commented.

P.S. What's great about this tone, is that it literally took me 5-7 mins to create. Grabbed the diezel, Jocke's Bogner IR (Sm57 bright) and a GEQ after the cab to scoop some mids and up the treble a bit. BAM! Nice tone (IMO). I love this box soooo much! It's amazing that it's so easy to dial up not only usable tone, but good/great tone in a short amount of time. I'm coming from an X3Live, and while a very cool box, I never came close to getting tone like this in months of tinkering. The Axe-Fx is my best gear purchase ever, bar none! Thanks Cliff!

Mark

I'm desperate to nail this tone. Het used MkII C+ pre into a JCM800 (or something similar) power dist for "some bark" I can get the pre tone but no real "bark". I've been messing with PEQ's and tone stack types and locations. Diezel huh? Will try that out, ta.

Playing is great btw, most don't realize just how hard that is! You know Dream Theatre do a MOP cover and even JP starts with an upstroke!

ESP MM-270 said:
I'm desperate to nail this tone. Het used MkII C+ pre into a JCM800 (or something similar) power dist for "some bark" I can get the pre tone but no real "bark". I've been messing with PEQ's and tone stack types and locations. Diezel huh? Will try that out, ta.

Playing is great btw, most don't realize just how hard that is! You know Dream Theatre do a MOP cover and even JP starts with an upstroke!

Thanks. I down-pick everything I can when I play Metallica...however, I haven't been playing it much lately, so it was a little sloppy at 220 bpm (actually, it was sloppy when I recorded it, as well :mrgreen: )

I've uploaded the patch, btw. It's called Diezel Rhythm3...I'd link it, but axechange.net is not coming up for me at the moment.

Mark

whirlwind123 said:
It sounds so big!

was there any tweaking of the amp itself?

Not much, really. I didn't touch the advanced settings. Just messed a bit with the EQ. Adding the GEQ after the cab really helped though. That Diezel is a fairly mid heavy cab, and the Bogner sim isn't scooped, so I had to scoop a bit with the GEQ. Check out the patch if you want to see the settings.

Mark

markus said:
P.S. What's great about this tone, is that it literally took me 5-7 mins to create. Grabbed the diezel, Jocke's Bogner IR (Sm57 bright) and a GEQ after the cab to scoop some mids and up the treble a bit. BAM! Nice tone (IMO).

That IR is the setup of the almighty Hunter, who's made all those great sounding clips. It's his Bogner cab, SM57 and his miking. I just helped him out with the "geek" part of the Impulse making. ;) That's why the folder's called "Bogner.4x12_Hunter".

When you see him:
RememberThanks.gif
;)

Damn I like my custom graphics!

Oh, forgot: Damn nice sound! Very close to what I remembered.

Clawfinger said:
markus said:
P.S. What's great about this tone, is that it literally took me 5-7 mins to create. Grabbed the diezel, Jocke's Bogner IR (Sm57 bright) and a GEQ after the cab to scoop some mids and up the treble a bit. BAM! Nice tone (IMO).

That IR is the setup of the almighty Hunter, who's made all those great sounding clips. It's his Bogner cab, SM57 and his miking. I just helped him out with the "geek" part of the Impulse making. ;) That's why the folder's called "Bogner.4x12_Hunter".

When you see him:
RememberThanks.gif
;)

Damn I like my custom graphics!

Oh, forgot: Damn nice sound! Very close to what I remembered.

Thanks Jocke! I was wondering what the 'hunter' part of it was. And I will for sure to thank him, as well as thank you right now! I really like that IR.

It's funny, I wasn't really trying to nail any tone. I was just trying to nail a tone in my head. It was coincidence I tested the tone with MoP. I guess that is the type of tone I lean towards. Either way, the Axe-fx has helped me achieve it. Best gear purchase ever!

Mark

I was searching on axechange.net and I could not find the preset. Could you share the link again, thanks it sounds great.

I just ULed this preset to my Ultra, fired up my VHT2502, into the Bogner 4x12 (yeah the one used for the IR) and *BAWWMM*

Awesome sound. This is exactly what I was looking for as my metal tone. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!

hunter said:
I just ULed this preset to my Ultra, fired up my VHT2502, into the Bogner 4x12 (yeah the one used for the IR) and *BAWWMM*

Awesome sound. This is exactly what I was looking for as my metal tone. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!

LOL at genius! I have no idea what I'm doing, but thanks for the compliment. And, I want to thank you personally for that IR...I use it for almost everything now, especially high-gain. It's got a nice, tight low-end and some cooking mids. Sounds awesome with the Das Metal, as well as most other high gainers.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom