New Boss GT1000 !

The are like a rabid pack of hounds looking for the next victu... ummm i mean upcoming products. All I do is check once in awhile to dee what new products are out there, read the first 3 posts and then skip to the end. The most relevant info is found there.

Then i take the sanity train out of there and look into it more on my own. Ymmv lol (see what i did there?!?!)

The GT-1000 looks nice. Looks like it’s got good routing options, a couple loops, amp switching, Bluetooth editing, good size/weight, and at least the effects will be good.

The big question of course is the amp/cab modeling. If they’re not up to snuff, then $1k is going to be a tough sell given the competition.

The available choice is fantastic today.
Strong competition among fractal, Line 6, Boss, ......

The problem for all other brands as Fractal audio is that already own an Axe FX II.
Also they can put what they want on the market, I don't see the point to change due to the fact that I already use maybe only 5% or less of my Axe FX II :D
(I must admit that it applies to fractal audio too. Even if an Axe FX III becomes available, I will probably not change my Axe FX II until it dies)

But for people looking for new guitar multiFX pedal, what a choice !

Looking at the quality of amp sim that modern modellers provide we will see that things like usability, reliability, availability, and not to forget about community will become more and more important. There will always be the fan boys. I'm sure the GT1000 will do a great job for those who own it.

Aye. Modern modelers have come a long way since the days of the first Red Bean. Which is only to be expected of course. You can't improve a tube bulb. Well, you can obviously, but not in the same way and rate that DSP chips and its software keep improving.

I've always been a huge fan of boss/Roland products. They last forever and are decently priced.

This actually looks really good for the prosumer market.

Doesn't sound that great in this NAMM demo... but might be the off tune guitar + tone not dialed in.
Looking forward to more demos.

I love my boss DD500, I think boss delays are my favourite ever, and love some other boss effects. And of course they have an history of making reliable stuff so I don't get all the bashing at TGP. On the other hand I've never liked the Line 6 effects and I've had POD XT, M13 and of course, the Helix (that I sold two moths after buying) and it seems the only thing that sounds good if you only read that forum.

Finally, am I the only one that thinks that AIRD seems boss's take on Kemper profiles?

I love my AX8, however there were some things I really liked about the older GT line. Running multiple amps and 3 or 4 chains is nice, but for $1000 the only way I'd even consider an audition at this point is if they included the SY3000 synth stuff in addition to applying that tracking technology to some of the GP-10 virtual guitar and synth tones. IMHO, that's the big leap forward where some company could really distinguish themselves from the pack. Electro Harmonix for example has done some very interesting stuff with little polyphonic synth stomp boxes which do not require any special pickup but the controls are limited and presets can't be stored. That type of stuff within a multi is really the only thing which would tempt me away from an AX8.

I was just thinking of what Cliff could do that would make more people nuts over "there".

I think I might have it.

A collaboration with JHS on the ultimate Dumble clone with a builtin Fractal effects engine: The Angry Howard FX Mk II
I’ll have two, please.

Listening to any demo is like getting 10% of the picture. I love my AX8 for the feel , clarity , dynamic range , and the limitless relevant and intelligent tweakable parameters.

I can't even bring myself to hear the demo. I'm home.

Boss' COSM technology was long long LONG overdue for scraping. I am really interested in the GT1000 at $500-$600 if it has no COSM legacy whatsoever!

Aye. Modern modelers have come a long way since the days of the first Red Bean. Which is only to be expected of course. You can't improve a tube bulb. Well, you can obviously, but not in the same way and rate that DSP chips and its software keep improving.

Have you checked out this video? It was pretty interesting... It'd be nice to see some more comparisons actually.

Back
Top Bottom