New BK Ceramic Nailbomb + AFX

I used to have Nailbombs in one of my guitars and must say that they didn't do it for me... very trebly. I wish all guitars had PRS pickups. :)

I think they were intended to go in darker guitars, so if you tried one in a bright guitar, that might make it overly trebly. I've had my Nailbomb in a basswood guitar and in a maple neck-through guitar. I like it better in the basswood guitar, though I've got it working nicely for me now in the neck-through.

Wow! Sounds great! Nolly is a great player! I'm considering putting Nailbombs in my next guitar. I've never had the chance to hear or play them in person, but I love all the clips I've heard.

Tom said:
I think they were intended to go in darker guitars, so if you tried one in a bright guitar, that might make it overly trebly. I've had my Nailbomb in a basswood guitar and in a maple neck-through guitar. I like it better in the basswood guitar, though I've got it working nicely for me now in the neck-through.

Tom, so if I put Nailbombs in say... a Carvin CS6 (les paul style guitar with mahogany neck and body with a flamed maple top and ebony finger board), would the darkness of the mahogany balance the sound out? I've been debating whether or not to get the guitar with a maple neck or not because I've heard that these pickups have a lot of presence

Michael Breamer said:
Tom, so if I put Nailbombs in say... a Carvin CS6 (les paul style guitar with mahogany neck and body with a flamed maple top and ebony finger board), would the darkness of the mahogany balance the sound out? I've been debating whether or not to get the guitar with a maple neck or not because I've heard that these pickups have a lot of presence

I can't say with 100% certainty since I've never tried that combo, but in theory, I think so, yes.

I have the Alnico Nailbomb in my Mahogany neck-through alder body "explorer-kinda" RAN, and it sounds awesome.

Hi ... i have changed my pu's from d'activator/stock ibanez to bareknuckle warpig (c-pig) respectivly nailbomb (a-bomb) :twisted: ... but i am using ibanez 7-stringers (i know that nolly for example also uses a RG7321 (i think with a nailbomb) ;) ) and their basswood bodies realy benefits from the sound of this pu's :ugeek: ... but there are lots more bareknuckle pu's and their forum is rather helpful to :) :p ... so maybe they can tell you better than me :cool: :lol: ... just me 2cents

Greatz M

Back
Top Bottom