New Big Wreck Single!

I know he's had a MASSIVE impact on the Canadian hard rock scene, especially
with the bands you mentioned and them coming state-side. :)

I went to see Shinedown at a club in 2005 and the opening band was already playing,
and I thought "Hey, that's Nickelback."

It was TOADM. Ended up talking to them after the show and told the bass player that.
He chuckled about it. He mentioned how hard they had to work on their vocals and that
the similarities were not happenstance. Cool dudes. But that Kroeger-formula is evident.
I wouldn't say it was for the best but he probably helped the bands get more exposure.

Canada had a pretty cool unique scene for awhile there.

Really good point. :)

I tend to gravitate to bands from Canada during that era that didn't have the Chad Kroeger stamp on them.
To me, anyways, they are both more interesting and less derivative. They sound like themselves and not from
the formula factory, if you will. Bands like Our Lady Peace, Protest The Hero, and Evan Blue.

Really good point. :)

I tend to gravitate to bands from Canada during that era that didn't have the Chad Kroeger stamp on them.
To me, anyways, they are both more interesting and less derivative. They sound like themselves and not from
the formula factory, if you will. Bands like Our Lady Peace, Protest The Hero, and Evan Blue.
Tea Party was a pretty monster guitar band too and Big Sugar

Back
Top Bottom