New Beatles Movie... by Peter Jackson

Damn those guys look like they were well cast. Just like with that Queen movie. So we had Queen first, culminating in their famous Live Aid show, now the Beatles recreating the famous rooftop show it would seem. I wonder which classic rock band will be next and which famous concert will be the climax of the movie? I'd love to see a Pink Floyd movie recreating Live in Pompeii, but that was before they hit it big with Dark Side and The Wall. Maybe their Live 8 Reunion? Led Zeppelin would be cool, but which live show would be the movie climax? The Stones? Sabbath? You could do a great Sabbath movie with Ronnie James Dio, the two breakups, the final reunion and then Ronnie dying. With Sharon Osbourne as the wicked witch?

Yeah, this could be a whole new movie genre, rock band bio pics, the final chance of boomers and gen Xers to relive their glory rock days before music turned to shite.

I've said this for years. so many of these classic bands/artists have just incredible back stories and characters.
Many times I've thought a steely dan story would be fascinating.
Deep Purple would as well.

Beatles should be like the MCU with origin stories for each, culminating in band "endgames"

I am a little concerned this is Peter Jackson though...History and Hollywood generally don't do well.(Pearl Harbor as just one reference) but hopefully he won't screw it up.

Last edited:
It was so cool hearing them start Get Back, sound exactly like the finished track, stop and start again.
They played together as a band and didn’t rely on the producer to make them into something that they weren’t.

They were the Beatles because they played likeThe Beatles.

sure didn’t look like they all hated each other like we were led to believe!

I've said this for years. so many of these classic bands/artists have just incredible back stories and characters.
Many times I've thought a steely dan story would be fascinating.
Deep Purple would as well.

Beatles should be like the MCU with origin stories for each, culminating in band "endgames"

I am a little concerned this is Peter Jackson though...History and Hollywood generally don't do well.(Pearl Harbor as just one reference) but hopefully he won't screw it up.

Pearl Harbour was made by Michael Bay, a director who knows only how to make big action scenes with lots of 'splosions and CGI overkill. That story was doomed from the start. Peter Jackson is not Michael Bay, not by a longshot so great as the distance from Earth to Pluto.

is it the original artists or fake actors? https://www.thebeatles.com/news/beatles-get-back-sneak-peek-peter-jackson Im guessing... Fake, I could be wrong, and how do I know that Peter Jackson is an Acclaimed filmmaker? because the website says so? No Yoko? Is that John Lennon?

Peter Jackson is an acclaimed filmmaker because the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy says so. The books that everybody thought were impossible to film. And I reckon that Beatlesfans will breath a collective sigh if Yoko were to be mercifully absent from this movie.

It was so cool hearing them start Get Back, sound exactly like the finished track, stop and start again.
They played together as a band and didn’t rely on the producer to make them into something that they weren’t.

Yeah, that struck me as odd too. After all they did not break up because they were all such good friends at the end. Maybe that was just the actors goofing off and having fun during shoots?

So true. Even they they helped pioneer studio trickery, fundamentally they always had such a firm foundation to their recordings. They would do tons of takes to get the feel they wanted.

I watched Peter Jackson's introduction of it on Disney Plus a couple of days ago. Not actors - the real deal! And Yoko Ono is there, so her fan won't be disappointed! (Um, she is her only fan - LOL!)

Peter Jackson is an acclaimed filmmaker because the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy says so. The books that everybody thought were impossible to film. And I reckon that Beatlesfans will breath a collective sigh if Yoko were to be mercifully absent from this movie.

I’m familiar with his work...not a fan.

Yoko absolutely needs to be in this...if I’m not mistaken there is footage from this session where John starts insisting she have a vote in band matters...and we all know what happened from there. Like her or not, she‘s a critical part of the story.

I’m familiar with his work...not a fan.

Yoko absolutely needs to be in this...if I’m not mistaken there is footage from this session where John starts insisting she have a vote in band matters...and we all know what happened from there. Like her or not, she‘s a critical part of the story.

I know she played a crucial part in this story. I also think that most Beatles fans would rather have that she didn't. But hey, what do I know? Never liked the Beatles in the first place. I much preferred the Rolling Stones.

Back
Top Bottom