New Axe FX II XL+ won't work as interface in ProTools 12.8

I just purchased a new unit for my son for Christmas and I cannot get it to work as a stand alone interface for my ProTools 12.8 setup. I have an ElevenRack and it was all connected the same way. I disconnected it and connected my Axe Fx the same way but everytime I try to choose the Axe FX as playback engine it just locks up! I have tried opening ProTools with the ASIOforall or whatever it is called then try to switch to the Axe FX unit and it sees the device but locks up when I choose it.

HELP!!!!

I use it with pro tools 12.8.2 and it works fine on my Mac book pro. Make sure you have the axe fx driver installed and that the session is running at 48/24. Hopefully it’s just something like that. I also set up a patch to run into a fx loop block with no shunt after it going into a volume block at the end of the chain. There are lots of people here that can give you better advice than me .... but this has worked like a charm for me. I’m pretty sure it will be a set up issue. Good luck.

Don't use ASIO4ALL. It will just add an unnecessary middle layer between the Axe and Pro Tools that will add latency and likely cause errors. Install the Fractal driver and it'll run independently on its own. I had to fuss a bit with the buffer size and streaming mode before I found a setting that ProTools liked. Once I did, it's worked flawlessly.

John Denver could you please tell me what you did to get it connected? Had the eleven rack now have XL+ And pro tools won’t connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Got it all figured out and it works great! Absolutely loving the Axe Fx over my old ElevenRack! No comparison in my opinion.
John Denvers could you please tell me what you did to get it connected? Had the eleven rack now have XL+ And pro tools won’t connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom