New Axe FX II Owner

WatersDeep

Inspired
I've had it for a week now and I love it. When I first took it out of the box it was glowing black and began to cast its spell over me. Another first thing i noticed on the back was the label, Made in USA. That made me smile knowing China didn't get my money this time.

Sound is amazing and I realized that my old equipment which I thought was great now sounds like it came out of a toy store by comparison to this. I quickly dialed in some of my own presets and was amazed at how configurable I could get. The tone's ooh the tone I can get. I feel like I can create almost anything now with no more limitations. I am sure someone can think up more stuff and more firmware updates will prove that but for now I am in heaven.

PC Software, I can say it works. Sure I read the trick that you save on the front panel and not the software and while a bit annoying I'm dealing with it. I can tweak all my settings on my PC and while there are a few glitches that result in me having to close and reopen the program it is workable. I do however look forward to the new 3.0 because as a studio musician, everything is on my PC and the future will prove that people will no longer buy anything unless you can have the option of controlling it from your PC. I need a new toaster too but I am holding out for the one with the USB port and remote PC toasting option.

I've only had it a week and haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing can do. I am proud to own it and my hats are off to the awesome customer service during my purchase, the fast delivery, the high quality USA made equipment and the amazing sounds that this makes.

Thank you Cliff and the Fractal Team who took part in making this creative box.

I have JUST ordered mine yesterday! I have been researching for over a year after having the eleven rack. I hope I get as much joy as you have :D

If you've already found a sound you can bond with, awesome! It generally takes a little time for some folks.

The best part (I've always thought), is that once you get familiar with it, you have an extremely useful tool to create any sound or tone that you desire. Once you're past the learning curve, you spend less time futzing around with knobs, and more time recording/playing.

Welcome to the larger world.

Mine's in the post right now! I do believe that when i open the box, i should wear sunglasses so as to avoid the angelic beam of light that is sure to come from inside..

I have had mine about 2 weeks now, and I am still impressed. I had a Standard before this so I was familiar with how to use it.

I like the fact that I can just select and amp, and it pretty much sounds good. I may adjust a knob or 2, but for the most part everything sounds good as you select it. There are a lot of things I haven't even messed with much yet since I normally get stuck playing on the first setting I select.

My Standard wasn't bad, but it did take me a little bit of time to find sounds I liked. It was a huge step up from the HD500 I had before it. It took forever to dial in that thing.

Ive had mine for about two months and I admit I was not instantly blown away and I had to do a bit of noodling and experimenting and LEARNING ! Once I tried Studio monitors , headphones power amp 4X12 cab finally using an ok FRFR speaker I am getting those " holy crap that sounds good ! " moments all the time and from presets and amp models that I previously ignored ie tonight I tried that A-Class 15 model # 5 and really enjoyed it .

Eleven Rack - I've heard of them...is it a cheese maker? sure they are at Walmart?

love peace and guitarification

Welcome. The Axe II is a journey. It is a deep device but the latest firmware has lots of great presets to get started with. Pick one you really like and twiddle with it and see what you get. I've been at it four years and I'm still learning things.

It has brought me great joy. I used to build amps. Now I do it in the virtual world......much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom