New Axe FX II - Locking up every few minutes!

I received a new AXE FX II today. It arrived with Firmware Ver. 10.11. I loaded the Mac drivers and hooked it up to my guitar/MacBook Pro Retina via USB and within a few minutes it locks up.

I turn it off and then on and it immediately comes back on line. After switching between a few factory profiles, it once again locks up. I reset the unit and reinstalled the firmware using Fractal bot. Same thing, after a few minutes it locks up.

I then loaded Firmware Ver. 11b and the same thing happens so I returned to Ver. 10.11.
Can anyone help?

Thanks

If you loaded the USB driver 168, re-check the web site and download and install 167. There was an issue with 168.

Downloaded 1.67 again and then rebooted the computer just to ensure the driver was loaded.
Still doing the same thing.

MJ

Downloaded 1.67 again and then rebooted the computer just to ensure the driver was loaded.
Still doing the same thing.

MJ

Sorry to hear of your troubles. What OS are you running on your MacBook?

I would start from scratch and reload driver 1.67, then FW 11b and do a reset on the Axe II (Utility>Reset).

If you are still having issues then contact support.

unplug everything but the power cable on the axe.

do what you were doing before, change presets, etc. does it lock up now?

Just turned it on again this am. Within 1 minute the temp light stops flashing and the Axe is locked up.
I have reinstalled the Firmware and Drivers at least 4 times maybe 5. Still no dice.

MJ

As others have noted, this sounds exactly like the issue with the 1.68 Mac driver (from yesterday) others and myself have experienced.

I know this has been asked before, but are you absoutely certain that you've downloaded the previous driver (1.67) from Support and installed it? Because this fixes the issue. Don't look at the driver version info because it says 1.67 in both cases.

Or try this: only create an USB connection with Fractal-Bot running and connected.

As others have noted, this sounds exactly like the issue with the 1.68 Mac driver (from yesterday) others and myself have experienced.

I know this has been asked before, but are you absoutely certain that you've downloaded the previous driver (1.67) from Support and installed it? Because this fixes the issue. Don't look at the driver version info because it says 1.67 in both cases.

Or try this: only create an USB connection with Fractal-Bot running and connected.

Yek,

Hmm, I thought I did. Thanks, will double check once again.

MJ

Yek,

I went back and downloaded the 1.67. I see that in my downloads file there is both 1.67 and 1.68. So in all honesty, I can't definitively confirm which was actually installed. Now 1.67 is installed and running. I also installed FW Ver. 11b.

1.jpg

So far it's been a few minutes, I have browsed about presets and no lockups. (Keeping my fingers and toes crossed).
Also, the tonality difference between the profiles in Ver 10.11 and 11b are incredibly more defined and much fuller.

Hope this is the solution.
Thank you all very much.

M. Jake

Good to hear.

The driver shouldn't make any difference regarding tone.

If the USB cable is not connected and it crashes it has nothing to do with your computer. Sounds like you need to contact customer support. They were very helpful when I contacted them and resolved the issue quickly.

I'm confused - if your Axe was freezing with no connection to computer, reinstalling drivers should not have made any difference.

Ive been having freeze ups even under 1.67 (11b) so I've now gone back to using midi cable for AE / bot - slower but no freeze ups so far and I get a 2% axe cpu bonus (I use octa-capture for recording). I was pretty sure I would not see another freeze up but now reading this thread, I'm not so sure...

I'm confused - if your Axe was freezing with no connection to computer, reinstalling drivers should not have made any difference.

Ive been having freeze ups even under 1.67 (11b) so I've now gone back to using midi cable for AE / bot - slower but no freeze ups so far and I get a 2% axe cpu bonus (I use octa-capture for recording). I was pretty sure I would not see another freeze up but now reading this thread, I'm not so sure...

Now that's really interesting...
Its been over an hour and no freeze ups. Since I updated the drivers, I do have the Axe FX connected to the MacBook Pro via USB Cable. It's working so I am not questioning the gods. :)

Back
Top Bottom