New Axe-Fx II Driver for Windows (Public Beta)

I installed the new driver today and it worked fine for hours. Then, all of a sudden, it won't connect to the PC. When I plug it in it plays a 'Failed to Connect' sound and the USB driver says there's no device connected. But it worked flawlessly before and I hadn't changed anything... :ambivalence:

I installed the new driver today and it worked fine for hours. Then, all of a sudden, it won't connect to the PC. When I plug it in it plays a 'Failed to Connect' sound and the USB driver says there's no device connected. But it worked flawlessly before and I hadn't changed anything... :ambivalence:

Maybe move it to a different USB port. Sometimes that will make windows think about what it's done.

Installed fine here on vista... ANYONE worked out how to reamp in the mix as mentioned earlier. I'm using Cubase and a Focusrite 1820...lost.

Well, before with ASIO you had to choose either the Axe or the interface as the soundcard. If it was the Axe, you could easily reamp because you could record the wet track (output 1/2) and a clean track for reamp (output 3/4). But that was it, you couldn't have any input through the other interface. If you chose the other input for mic's, vocals etc, you could only run spdif or analog output from Axe which is output 1/2 only. Now with WDM drivers you can select output 1/2 AND output 3/4 from the axe AND any source from your interface at the same time as input source for your recording tracks. Very cool.

Have you tried this yet? interested to understand how to route this? ive got a project in cubase with guitar DI's, a focusrite 1820i and trying to work it out

Back
Top Bottom