New AX8 User, Wow!

Twippoh

I just received my new AX8 after a long while gassing for it. All I can say is Wow!
This thing is awesome. I always know when a piece of gear is legit when I can't put it down.
Inspiring is a good word.
I have been a life long Line 6 fanboy and have every unit they have made less the Helix.
I tried the helix but it just didn't do it for me, I am sure the sounds are in there as there is so much love for it but I just couldn't get that loving feeling.
I thought the transition to the AX8 operation was going to be tough but with the editor its just very easy to understand.
The last Line 6 unit i had was the HD500 and DT25 amp combo that sounded great to me but only when used together.
Once the DT amp failed I had the excuse I needed to pull the trigger on the AX8.
Glad I did!

Ax8 plus my new gibson les paul (2017 honeyburst tribute) = nirvana

2 of the best if not the the best gear purchases I have ever made!

Last edited:
I’m waiting on mine to come. I’m hoping it’s as good as described. I have pedals and amps I would like to move on to people that gig. I could use the room for more guitars anyway.

Congrats. With all the presets and Cab IRs available, plus the continuous education from this forum, the AX8 has been an absolute game-changer. Finally got a friend over here to purchase one a couple weeks ago. He has been assimilated into the Fractal legion.

Hi
I'm also new to AX8...
Do some of you use it live with a tube amp, as a multieffect (without am and cab simulator) and are your happy with that ? or do you use it with FRFR amp or just with your DAW?
I 'm not able to find good settings for effects (especially drive effects) for the moment to use it with my Vox AC30 or fender deluxe...
Thanks
Mat (sorry form english...)

My ax8 will be here Tuesday. My feelings are somewhere between expectant father and dr Frankenstein.

Back
Top Bottom