New AX8 user and amp it replaced

Audiojan

I've been playing guitar (or dabbling at least) for the last 20 some years. Used to own a recording studio (nothing fancy, but we did have lots of fun!) and play in multiple different bands over the years.

Well we just moved back home to the great state of NH and with that, it's just me jamming in my home office. Before the move, I changed my amp to a Fender Princeton Black & Blue Limited Edition (awesome amp!!!) that is so sweet and has the most beautiful tone. I was fully expect to use the AX8 only has a backup and do most through my Fender, but honestly the tone through the AX8 is so amazing that I'm going to sell off all my pedals (have two full boards of them!) and the amp and "just" use the AX8. I still can't believe how extremely well the AX8 gets the clean Fender tone!

Right now through a cheap pair of speakers and a small stereo tube amp. I've hooked up my old studio monitors briefly and they sound amazing (although one channel is intermittent, bad amp). I have a pair of Equator D5 that's on the way which will be my primary.

Welcome to the club. While I did purchase a Xitone powered wedge, which I like, I still sometimes play through my 65 Princeton RI and am always blown away at how good the AX8 sounds through it. And many of the Fractal amp models are incredible through it as well. I would sell the pedals, but keep the amp. It is a great option, sounds good, light to move, and works well at low volumes in my studio with much diversity of sound combined with the AX8 (delicious cleans and nice crunches and tons of effects options), and can put out sufficient power in a small church.. Enjoy...

Thanks jiagap. Although I do love my Princeton, I'm not sure I will keep it. The idea of cleaning up my office (although it is a very sizable office...) is nice. I may hang on to it for a month of so to make sure I'm not making a mistake. The pedals are definitely going (although I do have one or two that I may still keep and put in the loop, especially my Vick Rams Head fuzz, which is hard to replicate). I still can't believe how good the AX8 sounds!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom