New at this. Need help setting up...

Byte Music

Hey everyone,

Total newbie here. Not afraid to admit this either. I need your help guy/gals. Just bought an Axe FX XL + and am having trouble settings it up. I have Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 with Event 20/20 studio monitors and also use an iMac. I need help through settings all of this up. The manual does not speak my language because I am way too ignorant at all of this. I will try to read the manual again. However, I really need help. I refuse to let this thing sit and not be in use simply because I don't know how to plug everything up. I've been waiting five years to get one and I finally have it. Any help upon initial education and initial setup helps. YouTube video are informative but are not specific with the Scarlett 2i4. If it helps my goals are as such:

-To record full songs into my DAW using the Axe Fx II
-Use Axe Edit and Cab Lab 3
-Using the Scarlett to record into DAW (that might go with number 1).

Any help would be much appreciated. I'd rather look stupid and learn than to not use it and be dumb about this. Thanks guys,

Last edited:
I've never heard of Event Bias monitors, though I have a pair of Event ASP's. Are they active monitors?

Because if they are, let's start out by keeping it simple. Plug your Axe-Fx into your monitors, plug your guitar into your Axe-Fx, and start playing! :)

The rest can come later.

Back
Top Bottom