New Amps? How often do they get added?

JerEvil

Inspired
So it's not like there aren't PLENTY of amp models to choose from, but how often do new amps get added?

They get added every so soon-ish.

You could comb through the release notes doc. Every time a model is added it's noted in the doc. And then you could do an average-time-to-new-model calculation.

They get added every so soon-ish.

You could comb through the release notes doc. Every time a model is added it's noted in the doc. And then you could do an average-time-to-new-model calculation.
That sounds like work!!! Lol!

I'll have to peek through.

In addition to new ones coming out remember that you can go into any amp that you like and change the preamp and power amp creating something new on your own. There are deeper edits as well but just those changes alone would keep someone busy for a year or so. I've played around with KT66's on the Hook amp with good results.

In addition to new ones coming out remember that you can go into any amp that you like and change the preamp and power amp creating something new on your own. There are deeper edits as well but just those changes alone would keep someone busy for a year or so. I've played around with KT66's on the Hook amp with good results.
Yeah this is something I'll need to mess with as well. Unfortunately, I don't really know what any of those parameters even do. I suppose it can just start futtzing (that's technical jargon) with stuff and see what happens!

Its slowed down considerably the last few years as there just aren't many out there left to do. I mean most amps tend to fall into specific classes and styles based off of similar circuits and unless something like the Hook pops up that is fairly unique it becomes pretty redundant.

I would need to live another 200 years just to work through what is already in there. I would like to see an Ampeg V4 though.

As others have said, it has slowed down, but it still seems like new amp models are being added with every new major FW version.

Back
Top Bottom