New amp models

That would make sense.....if you had an old Porsche.
Mine is approaching "classic" stage. Of all the asinine "wishes" people post on here that would make most amp builders, amp techs, sound engineers or NASA computer programmers scratch their heads I though JUST asking if those amps were worthy of consideration for modeling wasn't too far fetched. I don't have to have anything more than what we've already gotten from FAS...how about 1000 more variations of an old 4X12 cabinet mic'd with a 57 since everybody and their brother are selling them online. This time put it in an old missile silo, in Russia, at 30 degrees below 0 with the mic pointing toward the west...that'll sound different.

There will be more amps, yes. Unless Cliff has retired into the sunset and took the firmware code and measuring tools with him.
Haven't you heard, Cliff is quitting as a "failure" for not providing a touchscreen before QC did it! Yes I'm being snarky...from past experience I've learned to never mention another amp (or pedal) suggestion on the Forum. You'll be crucified...the "wish" list is for stuff like "getting the 800K, in the second channel of this or that amp correct" or "make the JCM800 sound like MSG full of people when I play it in my 30X30 cinder block basement".

Not to be a jerk, but amp- and cabwise, I'm good. There are already more models on tap than I can realistically explore to the fullest in my remaining years.
Cliff and his henchmen have made my life as a working musician so much more easier en therefore more pleasureable than I could have ever imagined in my Plexi-hauling days.

Does that mean that I say no to new models? Hell no, but for me that would just be icing on the icing on the icing on the cake.

(And of course if Cliff would ever model a PT707 or a FL303 or a HF2 I would send him a crate of Heineken......... :) )

Show of hands...how many people have been through every Cab, from Factory 1 to the end of User 2? I'll never live long enough.
oh don't remind me of the factory cabs pls

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

If every amp ever created, or otherwise known to man, were modeled in the Axe, who on here would still ask for just one more amp?

Mine is approaching "classic" stage. Of all the asinine "wishes" people post on here that would make most amp builders, amp techs, sound engineers or NASA computer programmers scratch their heads I though JUST asking if those amps were worthy of consideration for modeling wasn't too far fetched. I don't have to have anything more than what we've already gotten from FAS...how about 1000 more variations of an old 4X12 cabinet mic'd with a 57 since everybody and their brother are selling them online. This time put it in an old missile silo, in Russia, at 30 degrees below 0 with the mic pointing toward the west...that'll sound different.
Cool story. Maybe just carry on instead of feeling compelled to engage in those "asinine" conversations, which amount to a grand total oooooof... discussion threads on a message board. Not sure why anyone needs to get bent out of shape about it.

Pretty happy with the current selection, will echo a desire for the REVV, had it on the Helix also own the Purple pedal. Would like to see the amp eventually makes its way into Fractal land. Otherwise, I think Cliff and Crew do a great job with updates and new models. AxeFx3 is an amazing unit.

The CAZ45 is one that I thought we may have seen knowing Cliff’s appreciation for Alan’s designs and the fact that they collaborated before but maybe it is the DRZ side that does not want that ( I think they have Kemper packs and so affiliations there if I am not mistaken)

Cool story. Maybe just carry on instead of feeling compelled to engage in those "asinine" conversations, which amount to a grand total oooooof... discussion threads on a message board. Not sure why anyone needs to get bent out of shape about it.
You’re right. I threw out some amp names and got pissy when someone got pissy. I know better.

Serious question: Is there even an amp left that sounds SO different, that it should be on the axe?
Bass and solid-state amps mostly.

I am against this collector mentality of adding every amp ever made to the unit when most of them are unique for feature set but not sound. Even if Fractal added some profiling/capturing feature to the Axe-Fx and there were 10000 models, there would be people asking "hey is there a profile of expensive amp ABC."

Learn to use the freakin' 300 amp models already in the unit. There is literally no guitar tone you can't get with those. Learn how to dial them to sound like your favorite real world amplifier you own.

Back
Top Bottom