New "Accept - Blood of Nations" tone

SimonSez

So I bought the new Accept album and have been listening to it for a week or so and I tried to replicate the tone with the AxeFX. The original album recording used an EVH 5150-III amplifier. So I used the 5150 amp on the AxeFX. I had to do some "studio tricks" to get the sound close (EQ, reverb, compression). The cab impulse is RedWirez "MesaRectifierV30s-SM57-Cap-2in".

I know I can get the tone closer if I tried miking my Mesa guitar cab but I don't feel like messing around with that right now. When you mic a real cab you get "movement" in the sound which you don't get with an impulse. I'll probably end up posting a clip of a mic'd cab later.

Anyway, here's the clip: http://home.comcast.net/~sbingier/heavy.mp3

The riff is from Accept's "Blood of Nations" album, the song is "The Abyss". I recommend you buy it because it kicks ass. :twisted:

Sup?
Yeah I love this new album,,great stuff.

I have been working on this tone also I'll try to get a clip and patch posted up tomorrow.

MOSHON
DAVE

tipton said:
Great sound like Accept!
Yeah, it's a new good album...

Share the patch please.

It's pretty much just the PV5150 amp, (Bass = 5.2, Mid = 4.3, Treble = 5.5), oh and I have a drive module before it. It's a Full OD but I used the HV Tube circuit, and the drive is at 0.2 and the level is at 10.00, tone at 5.0... and I fed the signal straight out of the AxeFX into my DAW and used Voxengo Boogex to load a Redwirez Mesa V30 SM57 2"-cap impulse. Then I used some EQ (HPF @ 70Hz and LPF @ 9800Hz), compression at 2:1 ratio, and I used some room IR for reverb.

I'll share the patch once I'm back at my AxeFx this weekend.

Sup?

I'll be damned if I forgot to save the patch I was working on,,Yours sounds better anyway :lol:

I do remember using the full OD with the HVtube also,,,so that is kinda cool that we both were hearing the same kinda thing with this :mrgreen:

MOSHON
DAVE

Back
Top Bottom