New 8 string metal song idea and testing my Axe FX II and Agile Intrepid 830

There's some nice ideas in that mix I quite liked it. As for the mix it is very muddy (like you said) and bass heavy. Dial back on the gain maybe high pass, low pass you know all the usual suspects get the tone where you like it and fit the mix. Also I had a question are you panning any of the instruments because to me everything sounds pretty centered (bass and bass drum are typically centered but everything else has its own space) and that can lead to a muddy mix amongst a ton of other things. I'm fairly new to recording so take all things I say with a grain of salt and not to heart. :-D

Thanks for the comments! The guitars are panned hard right and hard left. I liked the tone of the guitars alone, but I didn't tweak them with the bass and drums in mind, so it came out a little muddy. The bass sound is a bit over the top with low end and distortion, so I think tweaking that a bit will help clean it up a bit as well. And some more presence in the guitars.

Thanks! I really like the 30" scale. The tension is great, there is no flubbyness in the low strings, the low f# rings out nice, clear and tight. Bends on the higher strings are kinda tough, but I don't have big problems with that. I want to change the pickups though, they are the stock passive Cepheus pickups, and they are decent. But I want to try the Dimarzio D-activator 8's.

Snare is a bit full on. I'd back it off a just a bit. I'm really digging "Fury of the flesh." That's insane!!!

Thanks dude! Fury of the flesh and the rest of the songs are from my bands debut album, so that's the "real" songs. This new thing is just a quick idea.

Back
Top Bottom