Never thought this would happen!

Jimbo

Got my Axe II all rigged up and comfy about 6 mos ago: patches I like, pedal board tight around the MFC, comfortable making tweaks, etc.

Now I'm looking over my gear room and see dust collecting on my amps and pedals.

I've actually preferred the Axe rig over my /13, Mesa, Fender and trusty pedal boards for three gigs, three months and countless wanking hours. Today I actually wondered if I should sell off an amp! The horror! :eek:

This is a nice piece of guitar gear.:encouragement:

I'm right there with ya m'man... It's a weird headspace to be in. Sort of like "the crossroads". But truth be told, proof is in the pudding - you, like me, are playing way more with the A2 and its related periphery than the old die-hard analog goods. This is a tool - it's there to enhance playability, offer tones, be fun, and get you where you want to go. If it's doing that - then the purpose of the other aforementioned gear is...?

I know what you mean. I ordered some new tubes for my Shiva a while ago. Haven't bothered to install 'em yet. My pedal board is collecting dust.

I havn't found that yet, but I love it for recording and headphones. Maybe someday i'll get some powered frfr's and it'll make it right.

i know what you mean..i used to love reading reviews of amps and browsing web sites, looking at pictures of amps. Now...not so much.

Sold most of my effect pedals, but some are too good to let go (old style Deluxe Memory Man, Tube Driver etc)

As for my amp, well..... It's not that I -need- it, but.... it smells nice :)

Cliff, can we have a Limited Edition Axe with Black Croc leather? Then I would have no reason to keep my Stiletto :D

I'm in the same boat . . . I spent a lot of time and effort buying/selling/trading MTS amps & modules, and building my rig around them. But since getting my first Axe II over a year ago, the MTS rig has gone virtually unused, and so I've finally forced myself to sell some of it (very hard to do, because I love this gear, and even though I don't use or need it anymore, I still want it :lol).

Back
Top Bottom