Neo FRFR speaker (or not FRFR) for 1x12

flump

Inspired
I have an Egnater 1x12 that I bring to some shows especially when I use in ears just for *some* stage volume for actual feedback and such. It's got the stock celestion...elite 80? I think. I'm looking for a lightweight speaker to put in there. It's going to be powered by a matrix 1000 that's in the rack with my axe. FRFR would be great so that I can eliminate using my fx loop for the guitar speaker. Right now I'm bypassing the cab sim and sending it to this cab.

Note: I realize an FRFR speaker in a guitar cab may not sound super awesome amazing, but im more concerned with having a nice lightweight super portable sound sorce on stage than anything.

Thanks!

Pete Thorn has got achieved some great tones with his Bogner 1x12 cab. I think the whole FRFR thing depends on how many different cab sims, etc. people use. If I only used V30s or another type of speaker, I'd be perfectly happy with just one real cab.

You may lose the flat response aspect of an FRFR speaker if you install it in a guitar cab. AFAIK, FRFR cabs are made & tuned to their specific FRFR speakers in order to realize their full FRFR potential.

Celestion and Jensen make neo guitar speakers, but of course they aren't FRFR. But if shedding weight is the priority, you might want to investigate those.

Yea the number 1 goal here is to get a very light weight portable solution. It really doesn't have to be completely flat, but I'm thinking running a nice neo PA/monitor speaker inside the cabinet (more for the extended range) and using cabs sims is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom