Needs some help and possible examples.

rustyshed

Inspired
Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.

Ok I have been using the Axefx2xl with Frfr for the last 7 months gigging regularly,

I am happy with most of my sounds but I am not sure the best way to clip the highs and lows on my sounds.
I tend to use the cab block and global eq for the most part.

Now I know people are gonna say everyone one will eq differently depending on guitar and ears etc but I would like some examples if possible how do other frfr users do it?

Ive attached a 5 scene preset example and my global eq.

Thanks

Attachments

• Example Axefx preset.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 12
Depending on the mix, I usually set the low cut somewhere in the 50 to 150 Hz range and the high cut somewhere in the 5 to 9 kHz range. I usually use the 6 dB per octave slope.

This is from a recent post. "Cliff recently posted that he typically starts at 85 and 8500 and uses 12dB per octave instead of 6dB."

Can you tell me what you tend to set them too?

-6db or -12db

Low cut ?
High cut ?

Thanks
I typically set Low Cut around 120 Hz with a slope of -6 db. I push the High Cut up and out of the way (20 kHz) and adjust the amp Treble and Presence to control the high end.

Of course, this all depends on what type of music you're going for and how much "woof" and "fizz" (or "sparkle" to use positive sounding terminology) you want.

Back
Top Bottom