Needed: PPC Button to act like an external latching pedal? Two-part Question

I can assign any FC external pedal as a latching bypass controller for any effect (Reverb or Rotary...), and AXE-FXiii will remain as the pedal is switched throughout all 8 scenes in any preset, and even subsequent presets (if assigned to use the external pedal) will continue to read the state of the external pedal and apply it.

[1]
I want to avoid needing external pedals. I have both an FC-12 and an FC-6. I want to layout the FC-6 as a momentary controller for various effects (Using Per-Preset Overrides?). But I haven't figured out how to make the FC button act like a hardware button attached - as described above. Every time I switch scenes, the chosen scene reverts to the "last state" the bypass switch was in; turning it on or off against my will.

[2]
I want to set up two buttons (Per-Preset Overrides maybe) on the FC-6 to control the rotary as follows:
Button 1 : First Tap = ON Slow / Second consecutive Tap = Off
Button 2 : Single Tap = ON Fast / Second consecutive Tap = Off

[ I Need some FC buttons to behave independently of scenes (& perhaps presets), like an external pedal physically plugged into the FC ]

Thanks for any insights!

I can assign any FC external pedal as a latching bypass controller for any effect (Reverb or Rotary...), and AXE-FXiii will remain as the pedal is switched throughout all 8 scenes in any preset, and even subsequent presets (if assigned to use the external pedal) will continue to read the state of the external pedal and apply it.

[1]
I want to avoid needing external pedals. I have both an FC-12 and an FC-6. I want to layout the FC-6 as a momentary controller for various effects (Using Per-Preset Overrides?). But I haven't figured out how to make the FC button act like a hardware button attached - as described above. Every time I switch scenes, the chosen scene reverts to the "last state" the bypass switch was in; turning it on or off against my will.

[2]
I want to set up two buttons (Per-Preset Overrides maybe) on the FC-6 to control the rotary as follows:
Button 1 : First Tap = ON Slow / Second consecutive Tap = Off
Button 2 : Single Tap = ON Fast / Second consecutive Tap = Off

[ I Need some FC buttons to behave independently of scenes (& perhaps presets), like an external pedal physically plugged into the FC ]

Thanks for any insights!
So, you want to toggle between slow and off on one switch, and fast and off on another, and you want this not to be affected by scene changes?

Which unit are you plugging the FCs into?

For #1:

You'll want to read about Control Switches and Control Switch Per Scene settings.

Be aware that there are only 6 Control Switches allowed.

For #2:

The simplest solution is to use 2 channels of the Rotary block. One set fast and one set slow.

Assign your 2 switches to be Channel Select with Smart Bypass enabled.

Still running into issues. I've made PPC buttons as Control SW 1 & 2, and I can assign the CS to bypass the rotary,
but how can I make the CS simultaneously:

• A toggle for bypass
  • A channel switch

Are there any Smart Bypass Tutorials available?
I checked the Manual was not able to find what I'm seeking.

Attachments

• No Smart Bypass.jpg
    No Smart Bypass.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 2
Still running into issues. I've made PPC buttons as Control SW 1 & 2, and I can assign the CS to bypass the rotary,

• A toggle for bypass
  • A channel switch
How would it simultaneously do those things? What exactly do you want it to do?

• A toggle for bypass
  • A channel switch
You can't... A Control Switch can't change channels.

Still not working the way I need: like a physical pedal attached to a pedal port: ALWAYS forcing its physical state upon the modeler (if mapped to a function; in my case - Effect Bypass)

I've tried setting up as both a latching control pedal and as a PPC button for EffectBypass.
Results were unsuccessful: Scenes retain the last state the switches were in; this is unwanted behavior.

I'm assuming I'm missing a FC button behavior setting on the AXE-FX itself - can someone advise?
(Using the FC6 for all my IA's & Latches)

Attachments

• FCs.jpg
    FCs.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Still not working the way I need: like a physical pedal attached to a pedal port: ALWAYS forcing its physical state upon the modeler (if mapped to a function; in my case - Effect Bypass)

I've tried setting up as both a latching control pedal and as a PPC button for EffectBypass.
Results were unsuccessful: Scenes retain the last state the switches were in; this is unwanted behavior.

I'm assuming I'm missing a FC button behavior setting on the AXE-FX itself - can someone advise?
(Using the FC6 for all my IA's & Latches)
Setup a Control Switch.

Assign that CS to the Bypass of the block you want to control.

Go into CS Per Scene and set all scenes to LAST.

Back
Top Bottom