Needed 80s Marshall 1960 4X12 cab whit 75`or 65`IR:s?

Dimebucker

Experienced
I`m looking for some high quality Marshall 1960 4X12 cab whit Celestions 75`s or 65`s 300wat IR:s for Axe FX II. And would be nice if those cabs are in 1980s ,if someone have or know high quality and good sounding IR:s for those cabinets let me know?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. I`m looking for single Shure SM57 micing ,and postion for that mic to be center of cone. I`m not sure have that pack that kind of mic position there, because that is what I`m looking for right now?

412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection - $19.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

You can get this in the Cab Pack 3 at a good price, but that cab is a late 1970s Marshall 1960B and the G65s in the vintage are from the 80s while the 75s are from the 90s. About as close as you'll get anywhere unless someone steps up with an IR of that exact cab. Even then, the Ownhammers would be tough to beat sound wise vs. a community IR.

Last edited:
I`m looking for this kind of wiring ,below is order for those three mics and positions. That Number 1 SM57 is what I'm looking for mainly ,but would be very nice to have all those three mics and positions. But I'm very fine if I can get that first one IR ,because that is my mainly goal. If someone have that number 1 SM57 style IR ,or someone know where I can find that kind of IR please let me know.

1 SM57 Shure in the center of the cone on one of the lower speakers.
1 B&K (DPA) 4006 omni on another speaker centercone.
1 AKG gold-tube in a 45 degree angle to the sideedge of the cab. aprox 4 feet away

Sure I need that for one of my Mark IIC+ preset ,what I`m working on right now. Old Marshall 1960 65s or 75s works best for that preset ,and I want to test that preset whit some high quality old Marshall 1960 65s 75s IRs.

may I ask why you need such a specific IR?

I`m looking for this kind of wiring ,below is order for those three mics and positions. That Number 1 SM57 is what I'm looking for mainly ,but would be very nice to have all those three mics and positions. But I'm very fine if I can get that first one IR ,because that is my mainly goal. If someone have that number 1 SM57 style IR ,or someone know where I can find that kind of IR please let me know.

1 SM57 Shure in the center of the cone on one of the lower speakers.
1 B&K (DPA) 4006 omni on another speaker centercone.
1 AKG gold-tube in a 45 degree angle to the sideedge of the cab. aprox 4 feet away

Your best bet might be to look around and see if you can rent a cab close to that criteria or see if you can borrow one. SM57s are easy to come by. The other mics would be hard but you could shoot the cab with a SM57 the way you want...since it's very particular. I think the OH studio mix...while not shot like you want...is going to be as close as you can get to those otherwise.

Yeah if I know someone who have that Marshall 1960 65s or 75s ,definitely I then would shoot those IRs for myself. But unfortunately my friends have only Mesa and Engl cabs whit V30 ,that why its very hard to take those Marshall 1960 65s or 75s IRs for myself. Hey you did mention OH studio mix ,what IRs exactly did you mean there? because I notice there is lots of different elements whit those Marshall cabs ,and do you know what positions they did use for those Dyna57:s mics IRs?

Your best bet might be to look around and see if you can rent a cab close to that criteria or see if you can borrow one. SM57s are easy to come by. The other mics would be hard but you could shoot the cab with a SM57 the way you want...since it's very particular. I think the OH studio mix...while not shot like you want...is going to be as close as you can get to those otherwise.

Last edited:
Sure I need that for one of my Mark IIC+ preset ,what I`m working on right now. Old Marshall 1960 65s or 75s works best for that preset ,and I want to test that preset whit some high quality old Marshall 1960 65s 75s IRs.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you're trying to nail someone's specific tone from an album from 80's. Someone who used a Mark IIc+ into a Marshall cab like the one you want an IR of.

John Sykes maybe? The Axe-Fx IIc+ model would be the closest thing to the Mark III he used on the 1987 Whitesnake & first Blue Murder albums.

James Hetfield on MOP perhaps? He did use a IIc+ into Marshall cabs for that (though only the preamp section of the Mesa was used, which was ran into a Marshall power amp).

Hmmmmmm?????? :?

In any case, I want the preset when it's finished. :mrgreen

Hi bro no John Sykes ,but second user what you mention did fell in the place :D Definitely i share that preset mate when its ready ,lots of tweaking going on right now whit that preset. Yeah they did slave those Mark IIC+ heads to the Marshall JCM800 poweramps ,and there was also Marshall 1960 75s or 65s cabinets. :encouragement:

I'm going to make a wild guess and say you're trying to nail someone's specific tone from an album from 80's. Someone who used a Mark IIc+ into a Marshall cab like the one you want an IR of.

John Sykes maybe? The Axe-Fx IIc+ model would be the closest thing to the Mark III he used on the 1987 Whitesnake & first Blue Murder albums.

James Hetfield on MOP perhaps? He did use a IIc+ into Marshall cabs for that (though only the preamp section of the Mesa was used, which was ran into a Marshall power amp).

Hmmmmmm?????? :?

In any case, I want the preset when it's finished. :mrgreen

You know... when it comes to the Mesa tones from the 80's Sykes takes the cake. I see people post Whitesnake tones but usually they are Aldridge tones. I'd loooooove to see a (NON) tone matched Sykes 1987 tone.

p.s. Honorable mention for 80's Mesa tones also go out to Stryper for the tone on To Hell With The Devil.....

You know... when it comes to the Mesa tones from the 80's Sykes takes the cake. I see people post Whitesnake tones but usually they are Aldridge tones. I'd loooooove to see a (NON) tone matched Sykes 1987 tone.

p.s. Honorable mention for 80's Mesa tones also go out to Stryper for the tone on To Hell With The Devil.....

And Brad Gillis's live tone on Ozzy's "Speak Of The Devil" album (Mesa Boogie Mark IIB).

And Brad Gillis's live tone on Ozzy's "Speak Of The Devil" album (Mesa Boogie Mark IIB).

Funny - I was just listening to that album the other day and thinking what a great sound he had... Never would have guessed Mesa!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A guy I know is a huge fan of 80's guitar tones and likes a fair bit of gain/distortion and his ultimate favorite guitar tone is Brad's from that album.

My high gain preset sounds a lot like John Sykes 80's tone; I usually have his type of sound in my head when I'm dialing it in.

I'm using the new FAS Marshall 4x12 Ultrares Cabs in the latest firmware for my Marshall 4x12 IR's, and am going to get all the FAS cab packs shortly.

I have 2 early 80's Marshall 4x12's with 65s in them but have never been able to sample/capture them better then what the commercial IR packs offer, and find that the ones in v15 give me the same general "Marshall/65" tone/feel....

If someone know or have early 80s JCM800 or 1960 412 cab whit G12-65s IR:s ,let me know because that must be what i`m looking for. Ownhammer old OR G12-65s IR:s was almost dead on ,that cab in frequency analyzer was very close what i`m looking for. Would be nice to try more of those old 80s G12-65s 412 IR:s ,let me know if you have or know good ones. I now know 75s are not what i`m looking for ,65s are right speakers in that preset.

Back
Top Bottom