need to jump at pedal after changing presets to hear sthg...?

rudomat

Inspired
hi!
this is very easy for shure...can anybody tell me how i can solve this problem?
after i switch to a certain preset, i don´t hear anything. i then have to jump to one of my expression pedals, which i use for master volume and wipe it...then i get to hear my preset...so what i actually want is to get presets (after i switch them on ) to sound like the pedals are actually positioned...terrible english, but i can´t do it better at the moment...;-)
thanks a lot!

if you have the MFC, I think there is a setting in there that makes the Axe poll the MFC for 'the current' exp pedal / switch positions so that these migrate to the the newly selected preset..
off the top of my head I can't recal what it is... it's in the MFC manual.. and real easy to turn on..
if you've not managed to find it in the manual, or no one has answered this by the time I get back to the studio shout and I'll try to find it for ya...

Do you mean 'Program change reset'? There is a section in the manual about it under 'modifiers & controllers'.

in the MFC [assuming this is what you use]

edit: MIDI and set BegPDL on the EXP1 [assuming that this is master vol] settings
this means - when you change preset, the Axe uses the value from the expression pedal's current position as the starting value...

I have this set for all of my external expression pedals and switches on the MFC so that I get a consistent and predictable behaviour

Which item at the I/O: CTRL page are you controlling? In/Out volume or an External Control assigned to a volume block? Is more than 1 item in the list set to the pedal's CC#?

What you described usually means PC RST is enabled on a modifier with the volume stored at 0. Or the controller is sending a 0 value for that CC# somehow, which might not be related to pedal settings. It could be a separate IA or internal CC that goes out at preset changes.

I have a similar problem, but a little different. When I power up my axe with MFC I have no volume even if the pedal (driving a vol block) is toe down. When I move the pedal the sound comes in and it's fine with all presets after this. Maybe it's normal, not a big issue but fine if I can find a workaround...

Back
Top Bottom