Need step by step for redwirez IR install into AXE FX

Hey guys. I'm really wanting to install the REDWIREZ IRs into my axefx but before I buy them I'd like to know how to do it. Does anyone have a step by step on the process. I already have the IRmixer.
ANY info on this would be great. I appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jim.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12053

You need to have some midi libriarian software (midiox or other- the AxeEdit editor may work, dont know for sure)
follow the instructions from the librian software you are using to load the IR, then follw the instructions in the link above.

Mike Snider said:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12053

You need to have some midi libriarian software (midiox or other- the AxeEdit editor may work, dont know for sure)
follow the instructions from the librian software you are using to load the IR, then follw the instructions in the link above.
I don't think that's what the original poster's question was all about... that thread is just about loading Axe-FX-ready IRs into the Axe... and I suspect the OP wanted to know how you go from "Redwirez" <whatever-bundle> to an Axe-FX-ready IR... but then again, I may be wrong.

But that's what I want to know: once you get the bundle from Redwirez, what next? Are they .wav files? How do you take *that* and perhaps Scott Peterson's (or anyone else's) "recipe" and actually do what it takes to get that blended IR ready to transfer to your Axe-FX (using the common midi librarian solutions)?

(EDIT): is this in the wrong forum? How is it related to "connections and routing"?

I thought it'd be "connections" because you have to talk to axefx via midi, I'm assuming via midi.
To clear up any confusion, or the fact that I may just be explaining it wrong, I want to know how to go from downloading the bundles from red wirez to having the ir's in the chain of my axefx. I have the IRmixer from redwirez downloaded already. Not that I really know how to use it yet, but I have it! ;)
Hope this helps clear it up.

needtopractice said:
I thought it'd be "connections" because you have to talk to axefx via midi, I'm assuming via midi.
To clear up any confusion, or the fact that I may just be explaining it wrong, I want to know how to go from downloading the bundles from red wirez to having the ir's in the chain of my axefx. I have the IRmixer from redwirez downloaded already. Not that I really know how to use it yet, but I have it! ;)
Hope this helps clear it up.
Yeah, that confirms my suspicion. The thread link provided by Mike Snider is only half of the story (how to get an Axe-FX ready IR sent from your computer to your Axe-FX), and is better explained in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12356 (see the third post down).

What's missing is how do you get the Redwirez impulses (in whatever form they are delivered in) properly blended and converted to the proper size and format for the Axe-FX to accept it?

(EDIT): This really should be in the "User Cabs and IRs" section...

From computer to axefx you need
(1) usb to midi converter (like the midisport 2x2)
(1) 5pin midi cable
(1) cable to connect to computer to midi converter - Usb to *whatever the device needs*

usb out of computer to usb/midi converter
5pin midi cable from converter to axefx midi in

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62

Go to this link and pick up Albert A's IR Conversion tool. Install on your computer.
Once you have blended a custom redwirez IR, open the Albert A utility> within the utility- import the saved custom IR .wav and save as *whatever*. The utility will convert from wav to syex.
Using a midi librarian like described above, load to the Axefx.

Ancient bump, but if someone could point me to the location of these how-tos on the new forum, I'd appreciate it. :)

Me too. All the above link seem to go to the old forum which just re-directs you back to the home screen of this forum.

Any tips guys would be great.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom