Need some HELP!!!! ASAP!!!! On Tour Need Patch HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Alright so here is the scoop. I was told about six months ago my label was talking to Soulfly's Tour Agent about us on the tour. However the label did not like something i do not really know for sure. What I do know is I got a call a week before the Maximum Cavalera Family tour saying get your gear and clothes and get down South to rehersall. So I had a total of four days to book a flight get gear together make sure everything was in working order and put my rack back together as I was in process of customizing everything. So I got to rehersall with three guys I have never met. LONG STORY, but the short is I wrote the whole album except vocals and these guys are tour support that my vocalist has used in the past. So I get to where they live we meet and do the whole whats up I am goin to be sleeping next to you for two months thing and then started talking about music. Well come to find out the bassist that was suppose to play bailed. So thank god the guy that was goin to play second guitar was primary a bass player and he had a buddy that is an excelent guitarist minus gear. So now I am here with three guys a drummer a guitarist a bassist and me with my AXE II and brought power amp just in case bought a mackie HD1221 cause I loved how they sounded and two days later kept hitting thermal limiter. At this point not only did I have only 3 days to get music tight I had to get the ultra going for the other guitarist or I would be facing a goofy crate amp solid state with a POD 2,.0 goin through it. CAN YOU SAY FxxK NO AND YUCKY. So unfortunatally I had no time to take risks on monitors or wait on a RCF COAX. I really wanted to hear an ALTO COAX but said heck with it bit the bullet and got the BIG brother of the Mackie HD1221 THE HD 1531, However the dood at the local GC hooked me up good cause the guy that was suppose to be helping me had no Idea what I was asking for like I was speaking some unknown laungage or something. So i then do what I always do help myself well them guys at this particular Gaytar center did not like that started yelling and I was like look I do not have time for this guy to leave me who was hear first to help another customer that he so happens to think is buying something better. By the way they did not buy anything. The distric manager came and was super cool got a real knowlagble guy for me and dood was striaght up go with what you know type deal. I was weary cause of the problem with the other mackie. Ill just say that I payed less than the place did and I was on my way. The ironic thing is on the way to our first date on tour we stoped by my place and the guys at my GC happend to have one alto COAX after I asked them for months to get a few and let me check them out and they sold them on me twice. I tried the coax it was awesome but had my heart set on shure in ear which by the way is sick. I d ont like that its all highs and no lows but flawless other wise. I however after the first week came back by my house while touring to different places and with the high demand for speed setting up and loading and the fact i now have to ship double what I planned on I left the damn mackie for convience. OK

OK sorry for all that now to the point. I tweaked my sound slowly through out the tour and after the second week and being comfortable with the other guys in the bands I asked MARC RIZZO (SOULFLY LEAD GUITAR) what he thought and he said it sounded sick except little too much highs so I been fighting that since. I need help with this since I can only tweak through headphones cause i left my monitor.

I am goin for either PV 5150 just like this MAXON 808 GAIN 0 TONE 8 Volume 8- PV5150 GAIN 3 BASS 8 MIDS 4-6 TREBLE 6-8 PRESENCE- 6-8 RESONECE 8-10 through a v30 cab with gh1230s or just v30s

or

ENGL POWERBALL same maxon with gain 0 tone 6 volume 7 POWERBALL GAIN 3 bass 6 mids focused 4 treble 7 presence 5 depth 5

THESE ARE ACTUAL REAL AMP SETTINGS

What I am looking for is a high gain amp that sounds like a deisel motor when urr chuging perfect example is the new ALL SHALL PERISH THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS

PLEASE SOME HELP ME GET THAT HARD HITTING ts808 5150 heavy tone

I swear you've made almost this exact same discussion before, and nobody understood a word then either. There's at least punctuation this time... The FAS 6160 seriously sounds good with everything at noon, a Mesa IR, and a TS808 with gain at 0, tone at 5-7... tweak from there. I don't know how it could be that hard, being one of the easiest models IMO to get a good high gain sound from.

The only thing understood was you have a bit to much highs. The answer to that is highcut! Easiest way to so that do into your cab block and there is a parameter called hi cut. Back that off simple fix. You have probably never messed with it before. Bring it down to like 8 or 9k I cut all mind down to y but I think you can start at 8 or 9 and feel a drastic change and it may be enough.

Hell with it man. I do not post here because the mindless trolls on here want to bitch more about my english that by the fucking way has nothing to do with my question. An one I do not take drugs, I do not drink Nothing. That was the easiest way for me to explain what i hear. I believe there is some knowledgble people here, but local bands that play at your local bars with shit house systems and or your shit sound system have no idea what I mean. I will not post asking for help agian. You guys on here are the biggest bunch of whiney children I have ever seen. Cliff farts there is something new and you all whinning I want I want then you get it and complian all about it. Who are all your dealers by the way. THis is suppose to be a place for help not a stupid junk forum for people with no life no girlfriend wife whatever to hang n make people feel like shit. I guess maybe you could have a woman but do you even know what to do with a woman. FUCK THIS PLACE. ONLY FEW PPL ON HERE THAT I WILL NOW PM FOR HELP IF I NEED IT WHICH I RARELY NEED.

This thread could have began with a simple question such as: How do I go about reducing high frequency content in high gain patches?

The endless ramblings of the beginning have nothing to do with the objective and fail to impress. If you were a rockstar, your roadie would be handling this problem.

All that being said, you were given advice in #5, which you obviously ignored.

In the cab block there is a HI CUT, which you can use to kill all frequencies above where you place it in the frequency spectrum.

You can also go into the amp block and reduce the High or the Presence, or use the amplifier's graphic EQ to alter the tone there.

Finally, you could add a graphic EQ in your signal chain or place a PEQ right after the amp utilizing its block feature with similar results to the HI CUT cab block feature.

We are other Axe Fx users, we owe you NOTHING. We try to help each other out. When you come in rambling and acting like a jerk, you can expect to be treated like one. So if this is really farewell, I hardly go to know ya, don't let the door it you in the ass and of yeah, go fuck yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell with it man. I do not post here because the mindless trolls on here want to bitch more about my english that by the fucking way has nothing to do with my question. An one I do not take drugs, I do not drink Nothing. That was the easiest way for me to explain what i hear. I believe there is some knowledgble people here, but local bands that play at your local bars with shit house systems and or your shit sound system have no idea what I mean. I will not post asking for help agian. You guys on here are the biggest bunch of whiney children I have ever seen. Cliff farts there is something new and you all whinning I want I want then you get it and complian all about it. Who are all your dealers by the way. THis is suppose to be a place for help not a stupid junk forum for people with no life no girlfriend wife whatever to hang n make people feel like shit. I guess maybe you could have a woman but do you even know what to do with a woman. FUCK THIS PLACE. ONLY FEW PPL ON HERE THAT I WILL NOW PM FOR HELP IF I NEED IT WHICH I RARELY NEED.

Brother, the problem is: we do not have the time, energy, inclination or NEED to know your entire backstory. it may be really interesting to you, but not to any of us. I personally don't care about your use of English, I care that you seem to have a need to subject us to every minute detail of your life before GETTING TO THE POINT.

The point was: How do I cut the highs, and how do I get that diesel motor sound. Period.

If you'd left it at that, you would have ONLY received help, instead of criticism for what feels like a disorganized, self-indulgent rant.

Brevity is the soul of wit, someone slightly famous once said.

Take it to heart.

Thanks.

It might just be the software you are using to post is stripping the carriage return / line feeds?

I thought your OP was okay except without multiple breaks it was hard to read for me.

Is it the harsh high end in the FOH or in the wedges or both that is the issue?

Richard

First of I dint want a roadie second i ignore these suggestions as they are not answer the question corretly its not just as simple as a peq or this hi cut or sum noob crap it is something beyond that and others have posts about this same weird hi end. further more this exactly why i hesitated for over a month to post thanks for nothing but bashing me over something as trivial as punctuation. ALSO every million record artist started somewhere. I know for a damn fact I will never be like you all someone asks me for help and I kno what to do I will do it. Someone says they liked my records sound or my live tone I will post it. Like its a bif damn secret or something. All the tools are there an I understand almost all of them except what I am hearing as phantom hi end.

First of I dint want a roadie second i ignore these suggestions as they are not answer the question corretly its not just as simple as a peq or this hi cut or sum noob crap it is something beyond that and others have posts about this same weird hi end. further more this exactly why i hesitated for over a month to post thanks for nothing but bashing me over something as trivial as punctuation. ALSO every million record artist started somewhere. I know for a damn fact I will never be like you all someone asks me for help and I kno what to do I will do it. Someone says they liked my records sound or my live tone I will post it. Like its a bif damn secret or something. All the tools are there an I understand almost all of them except what I am hearing as phantom hi end.

So I guess your not keeping your promise of stopping to post. Sigh*

I guess maybe you could have a woman but do you even know what to do with a woman.
It seems you know the pain very well. The way you're projecting about this, it must be your n° 1 worry?
Why not try and join a band... as a drummer? :mrgreen

BTW: since most ppl are too lazy to read more than one paragraph nowadays, your style may not be wrong after all :D

If you are using cab blocks and IR's I would look there first. Nearfield IR's are notorious for oddball stuff at show volume.

Then double check your grid for block clipping. You might be getting digital clipping somwhere in the chain and not be aware of it.

Richard

After this rant
Hell with it man. I do not post here because the mindless trolls on here want to bitch more about my english that by the fucking way has nothing to do with my question. An one I do not take drugs, I do not drink Nothing. That was the easiest way for me to explain what i hear. I believe there is some knowledgble people here, but local bands that play at your local bars with shit house systems and or your shit sound system have no idea what I mean. I will not post asking for help agian. You guys on here are the biggest bunch of whiney children I have ever seen. Cliff farts there is something new and you all whinning I want I want then you get it and complian all about it. Who are all your dealers by the way. THis is suppose to be a place for help not a stupid junk forum for people with no life no girlfriend wife whatever to hang n make people feel like shit. I guess maybe you could have a woman but do you even know what to do with a woman. FUCK THIS PLACE.ONLY FEW PPL ON HERE THAT I WILL NOW PM FOR HELP IF I NEED IT WHICH I RARELY NEED.

What I'd wonder is if those people don't reply to your PMs, is it because your juvenile rant pissed them off or that they can't understand your semi-literate ramblings? Seriously, there are dozens of folks posting here who are not native English speakers whose posts are a helluvalot easier to understand than the stream of unconsciousness drivel that you throw against the wall. If it's not worth your time to compose a question that's intelligible and readable, WTF makes you think it's worth anyone else's time to parse through your ramblings, let alone put forth the effort to solve the problem and document it for an entitled, potty-mouthed individual such as yourself?

My rant huh before you go spouting off and jumping in the pool like you know something how about finding out the fact that I have asked for help with things before and its always the same crap from people that have nothing better to do than put others down. And i type a few words you do not like and I have a potty mouth. I am glad to see that when someone is down in this world everyone jumps on the dogpile and starts kicking. I also find it very funny that no one really took the time to understand what I was asking and just immediatly started trashing me, but when I get upset you all sure can read those. It is also a proven fact that most intellegent humans can decipher even the most messed up unspelled and poorly punctuated paragraphs with no issues. And when I have a hard time understanding someone what I do is ask more specifics instead of crying about how it was written. why even try. Problem here is that every dood that plays rock can magically dial in the best hi gain sound same with country guys and anyone not using hi gain settings. However i could make the same argument that every clean or mildly distorted setting is very easy for me to dial in. It is very easy to say you can do something and hear what you think is going on, but if it was your own tone you would use daily for your go to sound would it be so easy then. I bet not.

PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD I STARTED BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE AXCESS TO THAT PARTICULAR FEATURE. THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom