Need some advice on Super Reverb settings

Haroldoftherock

Hi, Folks. I am working on setting up a super reverb for slide and I am getting close but could use some help. What settings should I be tweaking to get more sensitivity out of the setup? I am looking for something that will emulate the bark that Derek Trucks gets out of his super when he hits it hard. I have gotten a decent clean tone and a decent gain tone, but cant seem to get it on command by hitting the strings a little harder. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Hi, Folks. I am working on setting up a super reverb for slide and I am getting close but could use some help. What settings should I be tweaking to get more sensitivity out of the setup? I am looking for something that will emulate the bark that Derek Trucks gets out of his super when he hits it hard. I have gotten a decent clean tone and a decent gain tone, but cant seem to get it on command by hitting the strings a little harder. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!
Ona III… Go to the amp block, last tab, and there is an input sensitivity (defaults to zero), turn that to 0.50 or 1 and see what ya think….

III… Go to the amp block, last tab, and there is an input sensitivity (defaults to zero), turn that to 0.50 or 1 and see what ya think….
That totally helped. Thank you! .5 was the sweet spot for me. I also tweaked the room settings on the cab IR and that made all the difference. I can now go from clean to nasty with the volume knob and pluck dynamics. I really appreciate it.

On an actual SR, the 4x10 speaker arrangement helps a lot with the punchiness and retention of the full bottom. I'm guessing it would be similar with the III, so you might check through a variety of 10" cabs, as well. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom