Need More Gain Stages

I don't understand why this can't be done with presets. Can't we change multiple things just changing the preset?
Of course you can. If you don’t need Scenes to do this, you can use Presets. But if you’re only changing chorus and delay at the same time - all the time - you don’t need to use 2 identical presets for that. A simple Scene will work great.

You can stack drive blocks in front of your amp block.

Simply turning one off and the other on will give you two different gain stages.

Then you can use amp X/Y, so that's 4 different stages without getting too complicated, then you can also X/Y your drive blocks. Just set them up and use scenes to go from one to the next.

You could also use an expression pedal to increase or decrease gain

Many different ways to get there

You can stack drive blocks in front of your amp block.

Simply turning one off and the other on will give you two different gain stages.

Then you can use amp X/Y, so that's 4 different stages without getting too complicated, then you can also X/Y your drive blocks. Just set them up and use scenes to go from one to the next.

You could also use an expression pedal to increase or decrease gain

Many different ways to get there
You can also "stack" Drive blocks, too...

I hate to turn it into a commercial post, but I think that my 'Clean to Mean' packs would give @Earl Pavao what he needs?

Do you have any Demos that I can watch on YouTube?

At this point I clearly see how all the tones I need can be made available.My issue now is making it happen through the scenes because when I use the presets there's a drop in the audio, Lag. It's actually pretty disruptive when I'm trying to play and move through presets.

I think I'm getting close.I think once I learn how to use a seen controller,It will get me what I need. I would love to hear your clean to mean pack.I'm a total tone geek. Would love to hear what sounds like.

On my FX8 and now my AX8, I set my switches with bottom row devoted to 4 scenes and top row stomp boxes (on/off blocks). I have a volume pedal at the front of the chain which governs guitar signal going into the processor. Thus I have up to four different gains available in the scenes (clean amp, dirty amp, dirty+drive pedal, and boosted dirty+drive for solos. With each I can use the volume pedal to increase/decrease gain for each. Always able to get exactly what I want.

Do you have any Demos that I can watch on YouTube?

At this point I clearly see how all the tones I need can be made available.My issue now is making it happen through the scenes because when I use the presets there's a drop in the audio, Lag. It's actually pretty disruptive when I'm trying to play and move through presets.

I think I'm getting close.I think once I learn how to use a seen controller,It will get me what I need. I would love to hear your clean to mean pack.I'm a total tone geek. Would love to hear what sounds like.
Here is the demo for pack #1. It's on an Axe-fx II, but it shows you what they're all about. The 2 or 3 'Dual Amp' presets are not available for the AX8, so I added a few older AX8 presets that have since been removed. These packs are made up of the (slightly tweaked) Factory presets from Bank 'A' of the Axe-Fx II, all setup in a 'Clean to Mean' configuration with no gaps when switching between scenes.

The bottom row of switches is setup for scenes, and the top row has various effect On/Off switches.

Pack #2 is made up of the best 'Clean to Mean' candidates from Banks 'B' and 'C' of the Axe-FX II.

Pack #3 (Mild to Wild) is made up from a bunch of the 'Effects' based presets from Banks 'B' and 'C' that weren't good 'Clean to Mean' candidates. There are setup with 3 scenes of different levels of effects (and sometimes gain). And the 4th switch is a 'Lead Boost' that can be added while in any scene.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom