need inexpensive monitors for home use

TimH

Hey Guys,

Can you recommend some monitors for use at home. Anything that can reasonably let me dial in tones and then plug into a PA is fine. The cheaper the better - blew most of my money on the ultra :D

i have creative monitors which i just use for my backing tracks, i have an atomic amp which sounds great playing along w/ them!

Hi TimH

I was in the same position as you and after allot of research, I bought these JBL LSR 2383P. I basically read the review titled "Studio Monitors at a reasonable price" by Philanthropic Pundit and took it from there. I considered the Adam A7x which seem to be the most popular... but couldn't justify buying them as I got a really good deal on the net from Music123 at $299 each, so for $600 (free shipping) it was a no brainer. I feel the review said it all, and I am very happy with them. Worth the consideration if money is tight.

Last edited:
I have Mackie MR5's.. Great sounding probably one of the best for its price range. Around $600 (in Australia so will be alot less in US)

I have some LNIB Rokit 5's in the original boxes and packing if you want them. PM me. I'm going to put them on the forums today or tomorrow. $149 for the pair plus shipping. -Mike

I have some LNIB Rokit 5's in the original boxes and packing if you want them. PM me. I'm going to put them on the forums today or tomorrow. $149 for the pair plus shipping. -Mike

Nice price!

I saw those...I've decided to invest in custom iem's first though as I can use them home and live. Good luck selling..I wish I had the cash for both!

Back
Top Bottom