Need Help with Stereo Delay Pan

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I don't seem to be getting this. I want to split my signal and feed the dry to the Left and the wet to the Right. There don't seem to be any parameters for panning in the Delay block, so I tried running a Vol block in front but playing with either of the pan controls had no effect on the signal in the stereo field. How do I set this up? (BTW, tried to find Delay Pan or Stereo Delay in the Wiki but couldn't see any relevant info.)

For this you want a mono delay run in parallel to the dry signal. Pan the delay block hard right and set the mix to 100% wet. Use a mixer block to blend the two lines back together and pan each accordingly and adjust the delay level in the mixer block.

For this you want a mono delay run in parallel to the dry signal. Pan the delay block hard right and set the mix to 100% wet. Use a mixer block to blend the two lines back together and pan each accordingly and adjust the delay level in the mixer block.

OK, I put a Mixer block after the delay and panned the (100% wet) delay row to one side but however I set Echo Pan in the Delay block the echo keeps coming out of both sides. :/

The output section of the preset has volume and pan for each line on the grid, so IMO a mixer block is not needed.

So make your dry line across row 1. Tap off your delay to row 2 and run it to the end of row 2. Set it to a mono delay with 100% mix and 0 dB level. Leave the blocks panning at center.

Now in the output section, pan row 1 left and row 2 right. Use the volumes there to adjust the blend.

The output section of the preset has volume and pan for each line on the grid, so IMO a mixer block is not needed.

So make your dry line across row 1. Tap off your delay to row 2 and run it to the end of row 2. Set it to a mono delay with 100% mix and 0 dB level. Leave the blocks panning at center.

Now in the output section, pan row 1 left and row 2 right. Use the volumes there to adjust the blend.
Thanks but something's not right as I'm still not getting stereo separation. Guess I'd best post my preset.

In the I/O menu on the front of the axe, what is your setting for the outputs? It might be left only or sum L+R?

That will cause it for sure. I had a similar episode a couple of days ago messing with a panner block. I was ready to pull my hair out when I remembered I usually set my output to L+R to feed both channels into my single CLR cab. Whenever I record or use headphones I have to remember to go back a switch it back to stereo.

Back
Top Bottom