Need help with recording

j_opiate

Hey guys

Could someone please tell me how to setup the Axe-Fx to have one output with the patch that I'm using and one as an direct line-out with dry signal?

Thanks!
/Jacob

Put an effects loop block early in the chain in a parallel path and don't connect it to the output. That will give you the dry signal on output 2.

^^^

FXloop.jpg

Turn output 2 to the max to get unity gain.

do you mean actual analog output of the DI? or just in the studio? if studio this is the way to do:

My DAW shows the inputs automatically. In I/O settings I have 4 channels, 1 and 2 is the "wet/Amped" Signal and 3 and 4 is the "dry/DI" signal.
you should just edit your I/O settings in your DAW and that should be it. Then have two tracks in either mono or stereo and record the DI signal as well as the wet/amped signal.

PS. I use Ableton Live.

My DAW shows the inputs automatically. In I/O settings I have 4 channels, 1 and 2 is the "wet/Amped" Signal and 3 and 4 is the "dry/DI" signal.
you should just edit your I/O settings in your DAW and that should be it. Then have two tracks in either mono or stereo and record the DI signal as well as the wet/amped signal.

An even easier method for the studio that would not involve modifying your presets would be to go to the I/O page on your Axe-Fx II and set "USB/Digi Out Source" to "Input".

Back
Top Bottom