Need Help With Foucsrite and AXE III

4406cuda

Inspired
Hi,

I am using and AXE-FX III, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, and Reaper.

I would like to record the AXE III through USB and use the Scarlett for monitoring. How do you set the input drivers for Fractal and the output to the audio interface. In the Reaper options, it looks like you can't have both at the same time. If I set it to Fractal, I can see the audio coming in from the Fractal, but I can't hear it or the backing track. If I set it to the Focusrite, I can hear the backing track, but then I do not see any audio from the Fractal.

Axe output into focusrite (ideally xlr and stereo). Set reaper + scarlett to use 48khz and set it as your interface. Plug monitors into scarlett. You will have input going into the interface and can monitor the tone directly, plus hear your DAW.

Yes, I have them up and working that way. Is there a way I can use the USB from the Axe directly in to computer and simultaneously use the focusrite for monitoring?

I wish the 2i4 2nd Gen had spdif! Is it worth it do get a new audio interface to take advantage of spdif? Ithink the 6i6 with spdif cost around $300

Hi,

I am using and AXE-FX III, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, and Reaper.

I would like to record the AXE III through USB and use the Scarlett for monitoring. How do you set the input drivers for Fractal and the output to the audio interface. In the Reaper options, it looks like you can't have both at the same time. If I set it to Fractal, I can see the audio coming in from the Fractal, but I can't hear it or the backing track. If I set it to the Focusrite, I can hear the backing track, but then I do not see any audio from the Fractal.

On a Mac?, create an aggregate device which combines the two devices into a single virtual device. On Windows?, I believe you can use a recent version of ASIO4All to have separate input and output devices.

I'm no recording professional, and I'm using Logic Pro X, but I have my Logic input set to the Axe-Fx III, output to Scarlett 6i6. I'm recording via USB, and I have output 1 L/R on the back of my Axe-Fx III going into my 6i6, that way I record via USB and monitor with the 6i6. I only really record simple stuff, usually just a couple of guitar tracks at most over a backing track and it works for me.

Some DAWs let you choose separate input and output devices. Some don't. An AxeFX III is a pretty capable audio interface for both input and output, but if you need separate input and output devices, and if your DAW doesn't allow separate input and output devices, simply combine them into a single virtual aggregate device using the Audio MIDI Setup app.

I'm no recording professional, and I'm using Logic Pro X, but I have my Logic input set to the Axe-Fx III, output to Scarlett 6i6. I'm recording via USB, and I have output 1 L/R on the back of my Axe-Fx III going into my 6i6, that way I record via USB and monitor with the 6i6. I only really record simple stuff, usually just a couple of guitar tracks at most over a backing track and it works for me.

Thank you, I tried your suggestion. It worked for monitoring the guitar input in real time and recording using the usb directly from the Axe-Fx III in to computer. The problem now is, the guitar track is out of sync with the backing track.

Back
Top Bottom