Need help with external vol. pedal

Boogie291

Right now I connected my Ernie ball pedal to the GCP pedal1 and set the AxeFx to external 1, and I calibrated the pedal too but I still have a problem the pedal is about 85% of the travel before it kicks in, do i need to put a volume block in the chain to fix this? I need your help, thanks in advance.

Can you adjust the parameter modifier settings to even out the response?

The problem is that you have an audio taper pot in the volume pedal. To make the response more linear you can add a resistor from the tip of the pedal input to the tip of the pedal output. A value of from 1/6 to 1/10 of the value of the pot in the volume pedal should work (25K to 41K for the 250K pot in an Ernie Ball pedal). Or you can buy a cable that does it for you: Easy Expression Convertor

How have you connected the pedal to the Axe-FX? Most EB's are volume pedals, not expression pedals, so you need to connect both the input and output side of the pedal to the pedal input. Use a 'stereo insert cable' such as this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPBQ2Q3/. Connect the TRS side to the pedal input on the Axe-Fx and the two TS plugs to the input and output on the Ernie Ball. The expression converter LMO calls out is similar but has the added feature of modifying the resistance taper for a more linear response, as mentioned. This is handy for some things such as whammy and delay. James.

Guess I assumed since the OP was getting some output the hookup was reasonable. Have you tried adjusting the response via the parameter modifier settings? I'm curious whether this will work.

Back
Top Bottom