Need help with Crystal Echoes

rrhoads17

Inspired
The Crystal Echoes preset in the Fractal units don't seem to sound quite like the H3000 preset, but it sounds close to the Eventide Crystals plugin. It sounds a little too chirpy and there's not enough synth and shimmer to it. I am trying to get the sound in the link. Any help is appreciated!

I had the eventide pitch factor, all I can say is it’s DEFINITELY possible to do the crystals on the FM3, but in the video you showed there is a sub pitch going on which is another effect I think they added. You’d probably use a sub pitch block as well.

You need to run a Pitch - Crystal Echos block to get the backwards shorter delay backwards sound and a Plex Delay Block (try Celestial Shimmer) to get the shimmer reverb stuff to get the tone in that video.

We needs to have a “chef’s recipe” type forum where things like this are posted. How to get big sky bloom, etc

We needs to have a “chef’s recipe” type forum where things like this are posted. How to get big sky bloom, etc

Potentially, though this was a very easy one. This wasn't a saved preset I had worked on before hearing the vid, I could just hear the 2 different effects and popped them in a chain with some minor adjustments from default settings. The key is taking the time to really sit down and audition the different effects blocks and what they can do. If you post an example of Big Sky Bloom I'll give it a shot, but I'm no expert in matching effects.

Back
Top Bottom