need help with creating a particular patch

Crank

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find anything that applies to my needs just everywhere. All I need is to create a right routed patch which includes these features:
1. Output 1 -> patch (let's call it) A with Cab sim for FOH.
2. Output 2 -> the same patch A witout Cab sim for power amp.
I just don't know how to link blocks and make it work as it should. If anyone have any idea how to make that I will be very grateful for help. I want to go straight to the FOH from Axe-Fx and still be able to feed up my real cab on stage. That's what I need. Any help will be appreaciated!

cheers,
Crank

thanks guys, as soon as I'm ready I'll try to use the fx-loop block like Sixstring suggested! Only one question -> what should be my settings on global -> outputs? I might have changed that some time in the past yet not quite sure about it and I would like to know the default setting :) cheers, mike

thanks guys, as soon as I'm ready I'll try to use the fx-loop block like Sixstring suggested! Only one question -> what should be my settings on global -> outputs? I might have changed that some time in the past yet not quite sure about it and I would like to know the default setting :) cheers, mike

If your talking about OP-2 That you will need to tune buy ear in the context of your band. In the past I have found that you need to add some low end to get the depth when using a guitar cab but it very's from sim to sim.

EDIT: OP-1 if you have dialed your preset for FR on something that is relatively flat then it should translate fairly well so you "shouldn't" need to touch it. At your gig after everything is hooked up I would establish your stage tone first and then FOH.

Last edited:
one more thing. is there any chance to use OP-1 (XLRs) with cab sim and OP-1 as dry signal without any simulations? The thing is I would like to use XLRs for FOH and If I'm correct using FX block will result in adapting OP-1 for dry, no-sim. signal. It's really bad I won't see/touch my Axe until Thursday after the holidays...nothing gives you more than experience with the problem :)

one more thing. is there any chance to use OP-1 (XLRs) with cab sim and OP-1 as dry signal without any simulations?

No, you will have some sort of sim in OP-1 wether it is amp and cab or amp it will have a sim unless your not using any sims at all ie; effects only.

Thing is I would like to use XLRs for FOH and If I'm correct using FX block will result in adapting OP-1 for dry, no-sim. signal.

The effects block allows you to split signal before a specific point in the signal chain and direct it to OP-2. So if you want a dry signal, ie no effects or no sims you can place it before that point where you want a signal to be split off before a sim or effect or combination there of.

Ok, everything is more than clear now! Thank you for your help! All my doubts and questions had a reason - I was wrong which OP is used for FX. I checked that after I read your post and everything is in order! Great, can't wait to experiment!

happy easter and once again - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom