Need help with a good volume block ala Mark Knopfler

csgband

Inspired
Hello,
I need help putting together a good volume pedal block for Mark Knopfler type volume swells.
Thanks for any help you may have.
Chris

No, I want to use an expression pedal.
I want to do swells and use it as one would ride the volume knob on a guitar to clean up your sound or bring it up for more gain.
Thanks
Chris

Have you tried anything yet? Not sure how you can really affect the volume block with different/better settings.

Or are you asking in general how to setup a volume block with an expression pedal?

Ahh I see. Have you messed around with the different taper options in the volume block?

Linear means 50% of the pedal is 50% of the volume, 75 is 75 etc.

As you change it to the logarithmic settings, more of the volume change is near the top/toe end of the pedal. So the volume increase starts to feel smoother then ramp up as you approach the top.

I can't remember right now which I use, but definitely one of the Log styles for volume.

What pedal are you using?

That is exactly what I want to do. I have not yet messed with the taper options.
I can check back over you video, did you cover that?
Right now I am using the Roland EV 5.
I always liked the feel of the Ernie Ball volume pedal.

Ps: your videos have really helped me, thanks for that.

That is exactly what I want to do. I have not yet messed with the taper options.
I can check back over you video, did you cover that?
Right now I am using the Roland EV 5.
I always liked the feel of the Ernie Ball volume pedal.

Ps: your videos have really helped me, thanks for that.

I was just messing around with this last night. I finally got an MFC-101, so I was configuring my expression pedals, which are all Roland EV-5's. Otherwise I've also always used the Ernie Ball volume pedals, so I was trying to recreate the feel of it. I'm not sure if I nailed it exactly, but here's the setting I'm pretty happy with: Set the taper in the volume block to 'linear,' and then on the controller page for the pedal, move the 'mid' setting from 50% up to 60% (or around there). All of the other settings (including the log tapers) seemed to waste too much of the heel part of the pedal, causing a bump in volume towards the front that I didn't like (which actually is like the Ernie Ball when you flip the taper switch hidden on the inside of the pedal).

Thanks, I will try that and report back.

I was just messing around with this last night. I finally got an MFC-101, so I was configuring my expression pedals, which are all Roland EV-5's. Otherwise I've also always used the Ernie Ball volume pedals, so I was trying to recreate the feel of it. I'm not sure if I nailed it exactly, but here's the setting I'm pretty happy with: Set the taper in the volume block to 'linear,' and then on the controller page for the pedal, move the 'mid' setting from 50% up to 60% (or around there). All of the other settings (including the log tapers) seemed to waste too much of the heel part of the pedal, causing a bump in volume towards the front that I didn't like (which actually is like the Ernie Ball when you flip the taper switch hidden on the inside of the pedal).

Back
Top Bottom