Need help w/FX Loop

Jerry K.

Experienced
Greetings, I am trying to set an FX loop for this morphing patch, I want to use it with a 4CM set-up. Since the patch has dual paths already, I am unsure how to set-up the FX block. The patch itself is designed to use a Mission style heel/toe for volume/wah (modifiers 1 and 2) and an additional expression pedal on modifier 3 to adjust the blend/morph between the two paths. I have included a picture of the path and the patch itself. Any advice on how to set the FX Loop is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• JK Morph AmpDrv.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Dual Path Patch.PNG
    Dual Path Patch.PNG
    268.9 KB · Views: 21
I want the time based effects from each path to be sent to the FX loop on my amp so starting with the delay in the top path and chorus in the bottom but I am assuming not the looper?. I have never messed around with this type of set-up so I need a little guidance!

So is your amp's preamp going to replace the amp blocks in the patch? You won't be able to keep the two paths separate if you are sending them to only one amp. You could maybe do it by hard panning each path to opposite sides of the FX loop send and then using two different amp heads or combos. How exactly are you using the patch, clean to dirty, rhythm to lead, etc.? There might be another way to route things.

I have the all the blocks in the patch that can be set to L/R input set appropriately (hard panning). I use the second volume block to pan between the two paths. It works great to fade between clean and distortion. I use the amp blocks to "flavor" the real tube amps sound (supply sag set to 0). It sounds great into the front of my amp but I want to try and put the time based effects in the amps loop to hear how it sounds. I have never used the FX loop feature before and figured I would complicate it by adding a dual path:)

This can be done but when the signal comes back from your real amp it will be a mono signal. So the dual 'post effects' chains will receive the same identical material. Like 'mr_fender' said......"You could maybe do it by hard panning each path to opposite sides of the FX loop send and then using two different amp heads or combos.".....

Or only insert the 'FX Loop' in one of the signal paths and send the Axe-Fx output to your amps FX loop return.

Or leave the preset as is and just run the Axe-Fx output to your amps FX loop return. you still keep the effect of your amps power amp.

Back
Top Bottom