Need help using FM9 output 3 into amplifier

mudster

I am trying to run the FM9 as effects only, no amp or cab simulation, into the input of an amplifier. Per the manual, I am trying to use output 3.
My preset is working on outputs 1 and 2, but output 3 is silent.
I've scoured the manual and experimented but cannot identify the problem.
So I have 2 questions:
1. What do I need to do to get signal from output 3 to my amp?
2. Is there any real advantage to using that output? I'm only using it as that was the recommended setup in the manual.

Thank you for any input. I did RTFM but I can't solve this one for whatever reason.

Okay, wait - I think I have figured it out. I went back to the manual and then the block manual and I think if I add Output Block 3 to the preset I'm using for this project it should work. I'd forgotten that Output Block 3 sent signal to output 3. I have never used the FM9 in this way before because I usually just go to a powered monitor and FOH and this is for a one-off gig with a special situation.

I put the Output 3 block in and that solved it. The FM9 sounds great into my amp; I've never tried this before. Very cool.

I'd delete the thread if I knew how, but perhaps this will help someone else troubleshoot this issue in the future. What a great device the FM9 is!

Definitely not bad as a reminder. Also important to add that Out 3 defaults to 0dB out (unity gain) with the Out3 knob on the FM9 front panel maxed.

Back
Top Bottom