Need Help- Headphones + Studio speakers for Axe-Fx 2 XL+

theoutlaw77

hello there , I'm new here and i just ordered my Axe fx 2 a day go so i need some advice from you guys before purchasing . For now i need at least a good headphones to use before getting studio speakers which I'm welling to buy next month . i need a good quality headphone with price range between 150$-300$ and for the speakers I'm thinking of getting the Rokit 5 g3 since I've seen lots of good reviews on youtube but if there are any other good speakers 300$-400$ for 2 pairs feel free to name any . And just to make it clear I need something for a house room playing + recording .

Blue Mofi, or Beyerdynamic DT880 (I have the 600ohm version and use a good amp).

Really, the Mofi are really working for me.

As previously mentioned, Blue Mofi, or Beyerdynamic DT880.

From reading up on them, the DT880 would probably give you a closer reference sound, whereas the Blue Mofi's will give you a better sound experience.

Both appear to be very good choices and both are used extensively on this forum by various members.

Oh and welcome
aboard!!! :D

thank you guys . after searching up i think the beyerdynamic Dt880 250 ohm pro will be what am getting . but do i need to get a headphone amp as well or just plug it straight to the axe would be fine ?

Hi,

I have a set of DT880 250Ohm and I don't need a dedicated headphone amp. With only the axe II/mkII I can put the sound very loud. Louder than you want to listen to.

For the set of monitors I would advise you to invest in a premium set of monitors that won't add their own coloration to the sound of the axe. If you don't care for stereo you can reduce the price by buying only one monitor. I did that and bought a psiA17M and I am really satisfied. I will probably get a second A17m but not for now.

Good luck in your quest.
Tapx

thank you guys . after searching up i think the beyerdynamic Dt880 250 ohm pro will be what am getting . but do i need to get a headphone amp as well or just plug it straight to the axe would be fine ?

The last thing you need is a headphone amp. The headphone out on the AFX is ridiculously powerful (and very clean)

Back
Top Bottom