Need help! Getting adequate acoustic tones with electric (non-piezo)?

SO!! Question for the experienced users!

Getting my AX8 tomorrow. And I just secured a string of hotel/after work gigs
this June/July. My conundrum is this; the repertoire is broad, everything from AC/DC
to jazz and soul. I would like to use the AX for everything, and preferably just one electric
for everything (a tele). I would need a patch that allows me to let my electric pass for an acoustic.
Sort of what the Fishman AURA does excellently with a piezo. This however is a non-piezo equipped tele.

I could of course use only an acoustic for the gigs, but then the problem would be reversed, and rock
tunes wouldn't pass well.

So, is there any patches out there that uses a IR block similar to how the Fishman aura
works that can be "superimposed" on my electric tone to mimic an acoustic guitar?

I have tried several different patches (including Fremens free sample). I have not found one that is good enough. I made my own IR of my acoustic, and I can share the patch, but it is still not where I want it.

I have tried several different patches (including Fremens free sample). I have not found one that is good enough. I made my own IR of my acoustic, and I can share the patch, but it is still not where I want it.
Yeah, I'm thinking Fremens are meant to be used with an actual piezo at the very least right?
I'm looking for an IR that could be used with an electric.
Have googled and searched the forum, but haven't been able to find anything that seems to fit the bill,
hence my starting a post on the matter.

Was wondering about this also. Have an acoustic show tomorrow night and trying to decide weather to use the ax8 or my old board for it and good settings for ax8 with acoustic.

So here is the patch - The acoustic patch is Scene 2 - Scene 1 80s lead and, scene 3 is distorted rhythm, but you should be able to pick out the blocks, you need.

I have made a recording to demonstrate how the patch sounds with this guitar
PRS_Lucking_PUps_01.jpg

It has no piezo - You are hearing the neck humbucker

EDIT: I think it sounds OK, but when I fingerpick, there is a resonance around the G on the high E-string, and also I think it kinda lacks punch when strummed. I think, I have attached a preset+cab bundle. Be aware, that there are two UltraRes IRs for the guitar. It is a fake stereo field, but I like it. Also note that the IRs are very low volume, so I boost the level both in the cab block and in the PEQ block.

Attachments

• Acoustic Sim - Scene 2.syx
    34 KB · Views: 10
So here is the patch - The acoustic patch is Scene 2 - Scene 1 80s lead and, scene 3 is distorted rhythm, but you should be able to pick out the blocks, you need.

I have made a recording to demonstrate how the patch sounds with this guitar

It has no piezo - You are hearing the neck humbucker

EDIT: I think it sounds OK, but when I fingerpick, there is a resonance around the G on the high E-string, and also I think it kinda lacks punch when strummed. I think, I have attached a preset+cab bundle. Be aware, that there are two UltraRes IRs for the guitar. It is a fake stereo field, but I like it. Also note that the IRs are very low volume, so I boost the level both in the cab block and in the PEQ block.

Hey, I tried this one, and have also now ordered a Taylor GS Mini for live use.
However, this still doesn't feel like the Fishman Aura as to how "studio mic'ed acoustic"
it sounds. Is there no actual tone-matches out there of acoustics that someone has turned into
actual IR's so we could use them on the AX8? If I can't find such I'm thinking I'll have no choice but
to buy a fishman on top of the ax8. I mean, EQ, amps etc are all good, but nothing I've heard thus far
does what the Fishman does (I had that back when I had a piezo-equipped guitar and it was stellar to my ears).

Fremen has some great acoustic tones in his AX8 preset pack
As far as I can tell, these are not tonematched mic'ed acoustics, but rather EQ, comps etc to "acoustify" a electric,
to the point where it might sound better than an acoustic with an under saddle piezo pickup?
That might be true, but what I'm looking for is getting the guitar to sound like a studio mic'ed acoustic
(like the SPectrum Aura stuff)

Back
Top Bottom