Need help!!!! for connecting the AXE Out1 and Out2(no Speaker sim)

Hi Guys, Kevin here from germany. After 2 years using the AxeII with my active Atomic wedges, i went back to original cabs fpr live use. I bought a Matrix Gt1000FX 2U and 2 Marshall 4x12 cabs with 2 V30 and 2 T75 in there. I always missed the sound and feel of real cabs in the past with my atomics, thats why i went back to normal cabs for live use. But for Studio and for the FOH Guy I want still go with Output1 (Cab Sim on). So here is my question:

For my Matrix and real Cabs i know, that i should use Output2 and should set a FX Block before the Cab sim....but my normal routing is that i have my effects like delay,reverb,pitch, chorus etc. after the cab block. So what can I do here? I don't want to spent too much time an create all new routings like

amp->chorus->delay->reverb->fxloop->cab

to solute my problem

Is there another way and what is your experience with going direct out and output 2 with matrix an real cabs? Do you use an extra EQ in your routing to output2 to get a closer sound (like your Output1 sound)

any tips would be great, thanks kevin

That's it! just drop an E/Q block after the fxlop to further taylor your guitar cab, at least that's how I have dealt with it in the past.

I have not experienced any sonic changes moving the cab to the end of the chain and splitting the FX block just before. Not sure if the experts will concur.

I have the same cab too. But only one :| As all my live presets have the same cab block (1960 with V30 and 1960 with G75 - no mics) at OUT1 to go FOH, I only use the GlobalEq of OUT2 to go to the same Matrix power amp. But I am not 100% happy with the curve.

So if you find a curve wich translates your tone to the 1960s in the rigth way, please share it.

I show you mine:
31 2.12
63 2.15
125 1.58
250 0.73
500 -6.80
1k 2.40
2k 5.20
4k -0.32
8k -6.05
16k -7.97

I guess the best shoulb be to use a PEq block before the FX block at every preset to make "fine tunning". I will try it sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom