Need Help Community

gunforhire

Hi All, Im just prepping my axefx to take on tour -Im a guitar tech- as a backup for the band Dr Hook. They are all using XL and Im on an older AxeFx2 , they have sent me presets to load into my axefx2 but as there XL files they wont load. Im assuming theres no way to convert them to older axefx2 files. so I was wanting to know is there any utility inside the axefx or Axe Edit units that can save the signal chain down as say a Doc file or Pdf with just the names and dial settings. So i can at least try dial in close settings before we start tour.
Thanks in advance. Im guessing its not able to be done but if you guys dont know then no one knows.
Gavin

Hi All, Im just prepping my axefx to take on tour -Im a guitar tech- as a backup for the band Dr Hook. They are all using XL and Im on an older AxeFx2 , they have sent me presets to load into my axefx2 but as there XL files they wont load. Im assuming theres no way to convert them to older axefx2 files. so I was wanting to know is there any utility inside the axefx or Axe Edit units that can save the signal chain down as say a Doc file or Pdf with just the names and dial settings. So i can at least try dial in close settings before we start tour.
Thanks in advance. Im guessing its not able to be done but if you guys dont know then no one knows.
Gavin

You can go MKI or MKII to the XL but not XL to MKI or MKII.

Windows: Hold down CTRL+Shift+ALT, then click the Export button (top right of Axe-Edit)
Mac: Hold down Command+Shift+Option, then click the Export button

a CSV (spreadsheet) file should pop out somewhere.

as Chris posted, in axe edit this will print all the specs for the selected patch. the xl users can print this for you for every preset and you can see all the settings, and dial them into your axe II. Good luck transferring all that info to your axe fx II, it can be done but is a lot of info to dial in 1 at a time. hope the tour don't start for a wile!

I have a week..haha i hope they only have a few presets..haha

Thanks so much everyone. Thats exactly the info I needed and was unable to find searching google. Once again the forum shows what a huge help it is the the rest of with questions day to day.. you guys rock!

Back
Top Bottom