Need help: Axe FX II Not Showing Up In Digital Performer 7

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
The Axe FX II is not even showing up as a choice in Digital Performer 7.24. Not as an instrument track choice; not as a stereo audio track choice; and not as a midi track choice. Are any of you using the Axe FX II successfully with Digital Performer 7? If so how do you do it? (The Axe FX II is turned on and connected thru USB to my iMac).

Terry

I.m running the latest version of DP with no issues selecting it as the clock source when connected via USB. If you are on Mac I recommend upgrading the audio driver to the fractal beta version that allows the axefx to appear as a single audio device it also fixes some cracklin' issues. Under hardware configure your axefx should appear.

I.m running the latest version of DP with no issues selecting it as the clock source when connected via USB. If you are on Mac I recommend upgrading the audio driver to the fractal beta version that allows the axefx to appear as a single audio device it also fixes some cracklin' issues. Under hardware configure your axefx should appear.

Thanks for your reply,

I checked and the AXE FX II was showing up in Garageband, but not DP7.

I then installed the new Axe usb driver from the Fractal support page and restarted my computer and tried again.
Same results, the Axe FX II not showing up as a choice in DP7 when you create a new track of any kind.

I went to the configure hardware section of DP7 and selected Axe FX II for input and a window opened up that said;
"Digital Performer cannot use this CoreAudio driver as it is currently configured because no outputs are available. You must configure the driver so that the MOTU Audio System can use at least one output pair."

I then selected Axe FXII for the output and tried to select again for the input and got the same message popping up.

I just got DP7 and don't really know my way around it too much yet, but I was able to get my keyboard, several external sound modules, and several software synths all recording and playing back through DP7. I was also able to record vocals into DP7 through my 828MK2, but I am still having no luck at all using the AXE FXII with DP7. I can't figure it out.

Shouldn't the AXE FX II show up as an input choice for a new audio track you create on the tracks page of DP7?

Terry

Last edited:
I believe the current USB diver on the official site is NOT the beta. The beta can be found on this forum but i dont remember where. The beta takes advantage of the rewritten core audio in the latest update of lion that will also be in mountain lion. It may solve your problems if your OS is up to date.

Axefx II when connected via USB and made the master device will show up as audio input channels 1-4. 1 and 2 will be the stereo wet signal (your cab amp etc. tone) and 3-4 will be the stereo dry signal for use when wanting to reamp at a later date. Don't get overwhelmed you'll get it running and then have that "A-HA!" moment lol. It's just going to take a few attempts to figure it all out.

Got it working!

I believe the current USB diver on the official site is NOT the beta. The beta can be found on this forum but i dont remember where. The beta takes advantage of the rewritten core audio in the latest update of lion that will also be in mountain lion. It may solve your problems if your OS is up to date.

Axefx II when connected via USB and made the master device will show up as audio input channels 1-4. 1 and 2 will be the stereo wet signal (your cab amp etc. tone) and 3-4 will be the stereo dry signal for use when wanting to reamp at a later date. Don't get overwhelmed you'll get it running and then have that "A-HA!" moment lol. It's just going to take a few attempts to figure it all out.

Thanks again!

I am still using an iMac 10.6.8. I haven't been able to find that "Beta Mac driver for the AXE FXII so far but, I got it working. I called MOTU tech support and they helped me. In DP7 I went to; Setup / Configure Audio System / Configure Hardware Driver. You have to hold down the command button to be able to select multiple hardware drivers. I had my MOTU 828mkII selected and I added the AXE FXII in and out, and it shows up in DP7 now. I haven't yet tried to record with it but, but it is showing up as a selection now.

Back
Top Bottom