NEED AN OPINION!

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I purchased a VHT 2/90/2 off of EBAY and it had some issues so I sent it in For repairs to FRYETTE which use to be VHT. They said it got damaged and they want to put a new faceplate on it for $100 and it would now be a FRYETTE instead of a VHT. They told me that if I made a Claim to UPS that it would be denied because it wasn't properly packaged, I sent it in the same box I received it in from EBAY.
The question I have is does anyone think they would do this to get an extra $100 out of me and to also get rid of the VHT name so it would now have their new company name on it?

Last edited:
That means that they would warranty their repair job right? if so, for how long? Sounds like it could worth it (although i have no knowledge about the original stuff or the value).
sounds better then trying to fight the "windmills" of UPS

But then again, I dont know how this works overseas with claims and all. I have bought stuff from US and Europe shipped to Asia, and god bless, all arrived in pristine condition. but I have heard horrific stories about UPS parcel handling.

They could send you some pictures of the package and the damaged frontplate, so you could get an impression what happened, see if you really need a replacement and maybe get a clue why they say UPS would not pay for it.

That $100 would be for the repairs plus the name plate. The name plate was like $15-$20 if my mind does not fail me for my sig x when I had it repaired

UPS SUCKS! They'd break up bowling balls and claim it's because of your lousy packing. Get the new faceplate and use fedex.

UPS will still cover the damage if you payed for extra insurance. Have them send you pictures of the damage, box and amp. Get all the paper work you filled out to ship it. Bring a catalog image and price of the amp that has the same specs AND show the price. It does not have to be VHT. It can be a a Fryette, but it must have the same specs(as if you were replacing it). Go to your local ups store. File a claim with ups. Collect the cash within 30 days. I have done this 2 or 3 times. Good luck.

Just make sure you get the old name plate back, have it straightened if possible. I have had things smashed by both UPS and FedEx so I insure with which ever one I use.

Back
Top Bottom