Need advice

qjawz

Inspired
Edit: pictures

Hi everyone, I have been loving the fm9. Currently, I’ve been using out/in 3 with a few overdrives using a Morningstar ML5 for switching based on scenes and then either out to FOH or into the front end of my mark 5:35 (fat channel edge of breakup is divine). Both sound routes sound amazing and I have probably never been so happy with my tone in forever. My only gripe is that I have to adjust reverb mixes into the front end since it’s a little much in comparison to after the amp block which isn’t to much of a big deal.

So when I originally wired the board I was gonna also wire out/in 2 for the amp effects loop using the 4XMod on the temple board and then the the already done out/in 3 for the morning star and overdrives but I ran out of plugs. So since the hiatus of wiring more I thought to myself well why don’t I run out of the morning star to the amp input and send to input 3 and the return from out 1 thus avoiding out/in 2 and another A/D conversion however I would have to swap cables from the morning star to the 4Xmod.

So with all info what would you guys do?

Attachments

• 040D152C-896B-434F-ADCE-961DDB272AFB.jpeg
    040D152C-896B-434F-ADCE-961DDB272AFB.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 81057D50-153F-426D-BB3C-13C8402F7966.jpeg
    81057D50-153F-426D-BB3C-13C8402F7966.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
There is an alternative. But it requires a MIDI junction box. @Joe Bfstplk and @unix-guy are using theirs for added switching ability. Perhaps hit them up for some advice.
Unless I'm not understanding the OP, this isn't related to what @Joe Bfstplk and I are doing.

In our case we are using the Audiofront Expression IO for extending the ability to have more external switches and/or expression pedals via midi.

The OP is wanting to have external effects units and uses the jacks that pass audio.

Unless I'm not understanding the OP, this isn't related to what @Joe Bfstplk and I are doing.

In our case we are using the Audiofront Expression IO for extending the ability to have more external switches and/or expression pedals via midi.

The OP is wanting to have external effects units and uses the jacks that pass audio.
Hmm. You're correct.

After reading again, it seems like the OP is trying to wire his Morningstar to his outboard amp and negate the overuse of his pedal jacks. And is asking advice about the wiring solution. (Without a diagram, it's a tad difficult trying to understand what the OP's thinking.).

This is where a picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom