Need advice for a funeral

I pulled it off. I did Tears in Heaven on a classical guitar tuned down a little to help me sing the higher parts. It went over very well and my little nephew recorded me and was playing it over and over after the funeral.

I was nervous as hell but I kept my eyes off the people and got though it and still managed to put some feeling into it.

Thanks for all of your posts.

I'd suggest to do an instrumental or only do a guitar part; it already is very hard to focus on just playing in such an emotional situation. Singing AND playing guitar might become easily impossible. Eventually ask sombody else to sing next to you.

I pulled it off. I did Tears in Heaven on a classical guitar tuned down a little to help me sing the higher parts. It went over very well and my little nephew recorded me and was playing it over and over after the funeral.

I was nervous as hell but I kept my eyes off the people and got though it and still managed to put some feeling into it.

Thanks for all of your posts.

Well done!! That must have been so hard to play a song as emotional as that at an already hugely emotional event. You must be a pro!

I recently played an acoustic arpeggio instrumental version of "If" by David Gates/Bread at a funeral. The lyrics are beautifully appropriate too, if you're up for it.

That's the one I want played at my farewell presuming I go before my lovely wife. That second verse says it all...

Back
Top Bottom