need advice : AX8 and tech 21 power engine

hi to all :)
I tried to use both but the sound is awful !!! too much treble and fizz !!!
( same thing with a peavy bandit and the AX8 plugged in the return of the fx loop )
I disabled the cab sim since the speaker is a 12 "
I tried with several amps model , several guitars and it's always the same result .
That didn't happend when i was using a boss gt 100 with the power engine .

am i missing something ?

I had a PE60 for a while and really liked it with my HD500 and Tech 21 Character boxes. But after many hours of effort, adding the T21 tweeter kit (made for this unit), major tweaking to the global EQ, and using my friend's RTA, we could not make that thing sound good. I sold it. It's a shame. Such a cool package. But for some reason, it just did not like the Fractal. Even a cheap FRFR sounded much better.

And yeah, we tried a number of Cab blocks, hoping for something that would match up.

I was very happy for many years with a PE60 (complete with tweeter kit), powered by a Vox Tonelab SE. But, I bought an AX8 last summer and play it through my studio monitors. Now I find the Tech 21 just doesn't cut it for me. Haven't tried tweaking the global EQ, but from what @Wildwind says, I guess I shouldn't expect too much.

Everyone hears things differently, but I've used my PE60 exclusively with my Ultra and my AX8 and I love it. Keep in mind, it's an open back cab, and maybe your ears prefer a closed back cab. Personally, I think that makes a HUGE difference, even though we're using a "modeler".

i tried with cab but to my ears it doesn't sound right.
The only thing i tried with some good results is to put a lowpass filter after the amp block .

Back
Top Bottom