Need a little help!

treewiz

Inspired
Hello Everyone, Not sure if this is the right area to post this question, but here we go. Just getting aquainted with this amazing "Black Box" Axe-Fx II, and I'm trying to make a backline with the FXL so I can run my output 1's to the foh and the output 2's to my power amp and speakers. I see in the manual it states and shows the diagram of this procedure, but I cannot find anything on how to copy the existing amp and fx blocks within the same preset to the second column? I can add the blocks but I find I have to duplicate all the existing parameters, what a hassel! I want to save the same settings in my effects and then change the power amp setting to o sag( I understand that part), but how do we copy or move the same blocks down? Thanks for any answers

The editor would be the easiest way. You can copy and save the amps settings then recall them to the second amp.

Hi Javajunkie, I's been since the Dweezil Zappa workshop at the FullMoon that we have talked, anyway is there any way of doing this within the Axe-Fx II itself due to the fact I have computer issues at the moment? ( going to be down for a while)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, Not sure if this is the right area to post this question, but here we go. Just getting aquainted with this amazing "Black Box" Axe-Fx II, and I'm trying to make a backline with the FXL so I can run my output 1's to the foh and the output 2's to my power amp and speakers. I see in the manual it states and shows the diagram of this procedure, but I cannot find anything on how to copy the existing amp and fx blocks within the same preset to the second column? I can add the blocks but I find I have to duplicate all the existing parameters, what a hassel! I want to save the same settings in my effects and then change the power amp setting to o sag( I understand that part), but how do we copy or move the same blocks down? Thanks for any answers

You don't need to copy your amp and effects blocks to the second row! Why do you want to do that? Are you just trying to send the same signal to both FOH and on-stage power amp and speaker cabinet? Are you trying to get cab sims to FOH but *no* cab sims to your on-stage amp and speaker cabinet?

I'm taking a wild guess regarding your question, but if all you're trying to do is get cab sims to FOH and *no* cab sims to your amp and cabinet, then just (a) move the CAB block at the very end of your signal chain, and (b) insert an FX LOOP block just before the CAB block. The FX LOOP block simply takes the signal it receives (so *before* the CAB block means the signal without CAB sims), and sends it to OUTPUT 2 (which you use to drive your on-stage power amp and cabinet). No need to copy any AMP or effects blocks to any other rows.

If this is not what you're asking, please clarify.

Hey Depoirier, I want to send the amp,cab, pre amp effects and post amp effects to the FOH thru output 1 L&R and the same thing thru output 2 L&R to my power amp and speaker cab without the cab sims, and according to the manual it says to make a backline on the next lower column with the FXL at the end of the amp minus the cab and next any of the post effects in the chain. On the Ultra I would normally move the cab and put a FXL at the end to do this,but going by the new AXE-FX II manual, its demonstrates the procedure differently. I just want to send the same signal with the cab sims bypassed to my stage setup. I'll give the old way a try tommorrow.Thanks for the replys!

Last edited:
You don't need to copy your amp and effects blocks to the second row! Why do you want to do that? Are you just trying to send the same signal to both FOH and on-stage power amp and speaker cabinet? Are you trying to get cab sims to FOH but *no* cab sims to your on-stage amp and speaker cabinet?

I'm taking a wild guess regarding your question, but if all you're trying to do is get cab sims to FOH and *no* cab sims to your amp and cabinet, then just (a) move the CAB block at the very end of your signal chain, and (b) insert an FX LOOP block just before the CAB block. The FX LOOP block simply takes the signal it receives (so *before* the CAB block means the signal without CAB sims), and sends it to OUTPUT 2 (which you use to drive your on-stage power amp and cabinet). No need to copy any AMP or effects blocks to any other rows.

If this is not what you're asking, please clarify.

+1. This would probably be your best bet. There is even a preset for what you're trying to do (#381).

Back
Top Bottom